2021 propain spindrift help

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2021 propain spindrift help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 3:35 Quote
hi guys,
im wanting to buy a 2021 propain spindrift, just so i can have one bike that does it all, but im struggling to figure out which size i need, so i was wondering if any of you guys out there had one, and how tall you are and what frame size you're running? i would be buying the 27.5 version, and im just under 1.8m, so im tied between a medium and a large, but i want to still be able to pull off massive whips but also for the bike to be stable off jumps as my current bike is too small for me so its very unstable taking off and doing jumps. also a big problem would be my leg inseam, which is 84cm, as i want to be able to pedal up hills relatively easily, so also what kind of length dropper would i need? ive had a look on propains website many many times, and it says ill need a 185mm dropper for both a medium and a large, but i still dont know what frame size would suit me as i dont want to feel cramped on the bike like i do now on my current bike. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
How big is your current bike? Compare the geometry of each if you can.

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
There is a thread for propain here. I am 190 cm and have the tyee 27 L with 175 mm dropper. It fits perfectly, does all the things for me and climbs very very efficiently, while being very stable and agile on the downhills.

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
I'm 177cm tall with a 79cm inseam

I went with a large in 27.5, I still haven't received the bike yet should be with me end of April early May with a bit of luck.
I was right on the limit with a large, but I know a guy with the old spindrift, so I tried his just to compare the size and I felt cramped on it. His is a medium 27.5
The old spindrift has a more slack seat angle than the new one so my thinking is that I will have more room on the large.

My leg inseam is short so it recommends a 125 dropper for me, but I didn't order one with the bike. After some research and comparing posts, I've decided on the oneup dropper the 150 post shimmed down to 130 will sit the same as the 125 posts on propains website. I think when I'm wearing shoes I will be able to use the full 150 drop. Only thing is the max insert lenght on the large spindrift is only 230mm, so the longer the post, the more is going to be sticking out of the bike, you won't be able to slam it out of the way.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 20:58 Quote
I've ridden many Propain Spindrifts, would not recommend. The YT Capra is a very good bike at a fraction of the price, I would recommend to never buy the propain spindrift. The Commencal Clash is also a wildly good bike I know a pal who did a 30ft drop to flat on his Propain Spindrift, and the frame just snapped. That just shows how poorly designed Proprain bikes are. Propain just wants your tax dollars, but since they can't really tax people, they sell cheap dollar tree quality bikes. NEVER BUYDead Horse Dead Horse

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 11:57 Quote
What a bizarre post

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
downhilljohn wrote:
I've ridden many Propain Spindrifts, would not recommend. The YT Capra is a very good bike at a fraction of the price, I would recommend to never buy the propain spindrift. The Commencal Clash is also a wildly good bike I know a pal who did a 30ft drop to flat on his Propain Spindrift, and the frame just snapped. That just shows how poorly designed Proprain bikes are. Propain just wants your tax dollars, but since they can't really tax people, they sell cheap dollar tree quality bikes. NEVER BUYDead Horse Dead Horse

30ft drop to flat and you're surprised the frame snapped? LOL. What frame would you expect to survive a drop like that?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013191
Mobile Version of Website