2022 Domain fork?

Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 7:35 Quote
Reading the description I see mention of a 2022 Domain fork, can't see any other info related to this online. Is this a mistake or have these guys let something out the bag they weren't meant to?

https://20twentystore.com/products/zeb-fender

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 1:44 Quote
They let something out they were not mean to. Ups.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
Wouldn't be surprised to see a new dc fork in the lineup based on the Zeb, probably what a Domain revival would look like.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 8:27 Quote
I'd buy it, but I mean where would that put the Boxxer with 35mm stanchions?

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 7:32 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Reading the description I see mention of a 2022 Domain fork, can't see any other info related to this online. Is this a mistake or have these guys let something out the bag they weren't meant to?

https://20twentystore.com/products/zeb-fender
maybe it’s going to be a zeb just dual crown I doubt they are going to dish the boxer

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
In case that link gets taken down, here is a backup picture of the description saying 2022 Domain.


Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
Domain was available in sc and dc so I’d imagine this is a new sc fork based on the Zeb chassis similar to the Yari being based on lyrik and Rev being based on Pike. Therefore no impact on Boxxer at all.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
Loyalty wrote:
Domain was available in sc and dc so I’d imagine this is a new sc fork based on the Zeb chassis similar to the Yari being based on lyrik and Rev being based on Pike. Therefore no impact on Boxxer at all.

The Domain was the budget (cromo tubes) variant of the Lyrik in its day. RS may be reusing names but I wouldn't count on their prior logic to dictate anything.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 17:11 Quote
Well it surely can't be a dual crown based on the ZEB as cool as that would be because it would end up better though probably heavier than a Boxxer simply due to wider Stanchions and similar travel numbers and dampers. Either is a mistake or some shops are aware of something new on the horizon... how or why you could 'typo' Domain 2022 by mistake is beyond me though, these guys either know something or are trolling us all. They wouldn't be able to make a ZEB based dual crown lighter than a Boxxer though because if they did it would make the ZEB and Boxxer pretty close to irrelevant.
I was excited for something new and burly but most likely it's a mistake on the page or a cheapo fork, just can't see how it would fit in the current lineup otherwise unless they had the Boxxer as the Lyrik based dual crown and Domain as the ZEB based burlier dual crown as they have done with the single crown ZEB and Lyrik...but as stated the Domain used to be the cheaper fork below the Boxxer so that wouldn't add up either...

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 20:01 Quote
Why couldn't it be a dc Zeb? If RS felt the need to make a fork burlier than the Lyrik surely they might do so for the Boxxer. The Lyrik and Boxxer are the same chassis after all.

They've already got budgets covered under the Select to Ult model so the natural fit is a dc 38mm fork using the Zeb chassis. I doubt that was a random typo.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 0:45 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Well it surely can't be a dual crown based on the ZEB as cool as that would be because it would end up better though probably heavier than a Boxxer simply due to wider Stanchions and similar travel numbers and dampers. Either is a mistake or some shops are aware of something new on the horizon... how or why you could 'typo' Domain 2022 by mistake is beyond me though, these guys either know something or are trolling us all. They wouldn't be able to make a ZEB based dual crown lighter than a Boxxer though because if they did it would make the ZEB and Boxxer pretty close to irrelevant.
I was excited for something new and burly but most likely it's a mistake on the page or a cheapo fork, just can't see how it would fit in the current lineup otherwise unless they had the Boxxer as the Lyrik based dual crown and Domain as the ZEB based burlier dual crown as they have done with the single crown ZEB and Lyrik...but as stated the Domain used to be the cheaper fork below the Boxxer so that wouldn't add up either...
I was thinking and it’s probably going to be like the yari for the lyric and revelation for the pike but for a zeb since there isn’t one

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 3:17 Quote
Ooofff wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
Well it surely can't be a dual crown based on the ZEB as cool as that would be because it would end up better though probably heavier than a Boxxer simply due to wider Stanchions and similar travel numbers and dampers. Either is a mistake or some shops are aware of something new on the horizon... how or why you could 'typo' Domain 2022 by mistake is beyond me though, these guys either know something or are trolling us all. They wouldn't be able to make a ZEB based dual crown lighter than a Boxxer though because if they did it would make the ZEB and Boxxer pretty close to irrelevant.
I was excited for something new and burly but most likely it's a mistake on the page or a cheapo fork, just can't see how it would fit in the current lineup otherwise unless they had the Boxxer as the Lyrik based dual crown and Domain as the ZEB based burlier dual crown as they have done with the single crown ZEB and Lyrik...but as stated the Domain used to be the cheaper fork below the Boxxer so that wouldn't add up either...
I was thinking and it’s probably going to be like the yari for the lyric and revelation for the pike but for a zeb since there isn’t one

Yea makes sense that, then they will probably update the Boxxer to larger stanchions at some point too.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
Why couldn't it be a dc Zeb? If RS felt the need to make a fork burlier than the Lyrik surely they might do so for the Boxxer. The Lyrik and Boxxer are the same chassis after all.

They've already got budgets covered under the Select to Ult model so the natural fit is a dc 38mm fork using the Zeb chassis. I doubt that was a random typo.

The current gen lyrik and boxxer aren't really the same chassis/lowers

The arch shape on the boxxer is different and uses the same design language that is seen on the new SID, Pike and ZEB. They all share the same sharp lines at the arch.
When you look at the 2021 lyrik you see that the arch is different.
I first noticed this when the new pike came out, so I'm guessing that there will likely be an updated 2022 Lyrik with updated lowers using the same design language as the other forks, it will no doubt have bolt holes to mount a fender too.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
whatisthecolour wrote:
HaggeredShins wrote:
Why couldn't it be a dc Zeb? If RS felt the need to make a fork burlier than the Lyrik surely they might do so for the Boxxer. The Lyrik and Boxxer are the same chassis after all.

They've already got budgets covered under the Select to Ult model so the natural fit is a dc 38mm fork using the Zeb chassis. I doubt that was a random typo.

The current gen lyrik and boxxer aren't really the same chassis/lowers

The arch shape on the boxxer is different and uses the same design language that is seen on the new SID, Pike and ZEB. They all share the same sharp lines at the arch.
When you look at the 2021 lyrik you see that the arch is different.
I first noticed this when the new pike came out, so I'm guessing that there will likely be an updated 2022 Lyrik with updated lowers using the same design language as the other forks, it will no doubt have bolt holes to mount a fender too.

I don't believe the C1 CSU dimensions have changed from B1, which would mean you likely could still do this. B1 you can interchange the lowers, as some team riders were doing to run a 15mm axle on the dc. I believe they were calling it the Lyxxer around the pits.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
whatisthecolour wrote:
HaggeredShins wrote:
Why couldn't it be a dc Zeb? If RS felt the need to make a fork burlier than the Lyrik surely they might do so for the Boxxer. The Lyrik and Boxxer are the same chassis after all.

They've already got budgets covered under the Select to Ult model so the natural fit is a dc 38mm fork using the Zeb chassis. I doubt that was a random typo.

The current gen lyrik and boxxer aren't really the same chassis/lowers

The arch shape on the boxxer is different and uses the same design language that is seen on the new SID, Pike and ZEB. They all share the same sharp lines at the arch.
When you look at the 2021 lyrik you see that the arch is different.
I first noticed this when the new pike came out, so I'm guessing that there will likely be an updated 2022 Lyrik with updated lowers using the same design language as the other forks, it will no doubt have bolt holes to mount a fender too.

I don't believe the C1 CSU dimensions have changed from B1, which would mean you likely could still do this. B1 you can interchange the lowers, as some team riders were doing to run a 15mm axle on the dc. I believe they were calling it the Lyxxer around the pits.

I dont know about the dimensions, I'm just pointing out that the Lyrik C1 lowers are quite different around the arch of the Boxxer C2 and C1 lowers.

Previous Page |

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006047
Mobile Version of Website