2022 Domain fork?

• Next Page
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
To me the Domain has always in the past been the cheaper less capable version of the Boxxer at least in dual crown guise. To make a new Domain dual crown based on the ZEB would produce a better fork than the current Boxxer and that would not tie up with the past, so either the Domain is a cheaper cut down version of the ZEB, possibly a new dual crown based on 35mm stanchions in place of the current Boxxer and the new Boxxer will go up to 38mm, or this whole 2022 Domain doesn't exist.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
whatisthecolour wrote:
I dont know about the dimensions, I'm just pointing out that the Lyrik C1 lowers are quite different around the arch of the Boxxer C2 and C1 lowers.

Sure, good observation. The point being made was a little bigger picture, that these two forks have always been positioned in parallel since the Lyrik dropped. The Boxxer is ironically the one that caught up to the 35mm stanchions of the Lyrik/Domain in 2010 IIRC and since then the majority of small part numbers have been cross compatible.

The Domain dc, being bigger than the Boxxer back when, was always pinned as a freeride option and I suspect if resurrected that would continue with the placement of the Zeb, which isn't exactly an out and out race fork compared to the current Lyrik. Will be interesting to see what drops.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010328
Mobile Version of Website