Redesigned Slope Frame!!!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Redesigned Slope Frame!!!!
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 20:41 Quote
codyloveskona wrote:
if you dont plan on building it sell your ideas, the frame of course has many issues, but if all fixxed it could be sweet. kind of reminds me of a sunday-303. i do not think yeti will go into slopestyle but if you give them your story maby things can happen.
actually they are making a yeti ss, i have ridden it and it rides so well, it was still a prototype though

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
O)kay I really like the design, make it a 4-5" travel and I'd buy it

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
I just won $1000 drafting scholarship for the work i did on this frame. Just thought i'd tell you guys. XD

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
besoshort wrote:
I just won $1000 drafting scholarship for the work i did on this frame. Just thought i'd tell you guys. XD

Yeah! That's awesome!

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
besoshort wrote:
penguinmaster wrote:
yeah man! i like the frame reminds me of the new 08 shore frame haha, what colors u thinking of mike? and how much travel? (compared to your older model)
very thought out questions matt. try reading the specs. it's 6.2 inches of travel. and whatever colors i want lol.
Ide rather see it with 5-5.5. More towards like actually slopestyle like crankworx and stuff. 6.2 inches of travel would also work seems light and would dominate freeride. Must go into production.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
OH I just read the whole thread...Nevermind 6.2 inches of travel and making it very small would be unstoppable. The problem with all 6 inch travel+ bikes there to big for slopestyle. I would kill to have a frame the size and weight of the SX (just sx not sx trail) with 6+ inches of travel.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
OH I just read the whole thread...Nevermind 6.2 inches of travel and making it very small would be unstoppable. The problem with all 6 inch travel+ bikes there to big for slopestyle. I would kill to have a frame the size and weight of the SX (just sx not sx trail) with 6+ inches of travel.

But making a long-travel frame small would cause the BB to hit the ground when you bottom.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:17 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:

But making a long-travel frame small would cause the BB to hit the ground when you bottom.
He said the frame was very small in previous posts. Almost like his p.1

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:17 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:

Umm, since when do bikes have BBs under 12 inches from the ground? Sundays have a ton of travel, and a BB closer to the ground than nearly any ss frame ive ever seen.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:18 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:

Umm, since when do bikes have BBs under 12 inches from the ground? Sundays have a ton of travel, and a BB closer to the ground than nearly any ss frame ive ever seen.

I didn't mean that it would actually hit the ground. I'm saying that with such a low standover and a small frame, it's gotta go somewhere, which (logically?) would be down, because that's usually the way travel works. No?

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:

People always complain about sundays the pedals always hitting rocks and ETC. The low bb is what makes the bike so good.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
Sorry about last post..back on topic.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:

I didn't mean that it would actually hit the ground. I'm saying that with such a low standover and a small frame, it's gotta go somewhere, which (logically?) would be down, because that's usually the way travel works. No?

It goes down, but the initial starting point isnt going to be so low that something with that little travel will hit its chainring/cranks too easily. Mind you, slopestyle doesnt really involve crank grabbing obstacles like rocks and such. Tends to be smooth terrain with lots of air in between smooth dirt.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:21 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
People always complain about sundays the pedals always hitting rocks and ETC. The low bb is what makes the bike so good.[/Quote]

AND, remove several inches of travel from the Sunday, and all of a sudden.......nothing hits. Same sagged bb height, but no crank issues.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

It goes down, but the initial starting point isnt going to be so low that something with that little travel will hit its chainring/cranks too easily. Mind you, slopestyle doesnt really involve crank grabbing obstacles like rocks and such. Tends to be smooth terrain with lots of air in between smooth dirt.
Yeah. This bike would be amazing in production (my assumption)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022332
Mobile Version of Website