Redesigned Slope Frame!!!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Redesigned Slope Frame!!!!
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:24 Quote
I wonder if its possible you could make the bike like the cowan (just the idea so you can run single speed on if desired). That'd be sweet.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

Umm, since when do bikes have BBs under 12 inches from the ground? Sundays have a ton of travel, and a BB closer to the ground than nearly any ss frame ive ever seen.

I didn't mean that it would actually hit the ground. I'm saying that with such a low standover and a small frame, it's gotta go somewhere, which (logically?) would be down, because that's usually the way travel works. No?

It goes down, but the initial starting point isnt going to be so low that something with that little travel will hit its chainring/cranks too easily. Mind you, slopestyle doesnt really involve crank grabbing obstacles like rocks and such. Tends to be smooth terrain with lots of air in between smooth dirt.

G-outs and high-G corners would cause possible scrapes with a BB low enough, but you're right. I don't think it would be a problem on this bike. After all, the creator/designer is about 400x smarter than me.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:42 Quote
besoshort wrote:
I just won $1000 drafting scholarship for the work i did on this frame. Just thought i'd tell you guys. XD

congrats on the win man
keep designing stuff like this
pretty sick

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 23:03 Quote
i'm thinking about getting a prototype frame built. i'll fill you all in on the details if it goes down. Big Grin

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
besoshort wrote:
i'm thinking about getting a prototype frame built. i'll fill you all in on the details if it goes down. Big Grin

Oh, for sure.
There's a guy out there looking for something to make in his metal project.
Here's the thread. Maybe he can make links or something.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027125
Mobile Version of Website