PNW Loam Lever and iSpec EV brakes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
PNW Loam Lever and iSpec EV brakes
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 18:38 Quote
Hey guys,

i have the Depre m6100 iSpec EV brakes and the PNW Loam lever (removable bar clamp and bpdy is standard across the clamp types) . i have been looking around for an adapter to use with the Loam lever since PNW do not make the iSpec EV version. i was wondering if the OneUp Components iSpec EV adapter for their remote dropper would work with the Loam dropper lever. i'm not sure if i would need to shave a little metal on the base of the adapter to fit? - any insight would be amazing.

thanks!

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 15:37 Quote
The One Up looks like it will fit, you might need to do a little filing but I doubt it'd be much. You might also need to get a different mounting bolt, I'm not sure if the Loam and One Up use the same size/thread. I'm also really confused with PNW, they made an EV adapter for the Loam lever, I have one on my bike. I don't know why they aren't still making it, especially with EV being the 'latest and greatest' standard.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 18:07 Quote
esse-prometheus wrote:
I'm also really confused with PNW, they made an EV adapter for the Loam lever, I have one on my bike. I don't know why they aren't still making it, especially with EV being the 'latest and greatest' standard.

According to customer service from PNW Components, Shimano changed the EV spec slightly from the original XTR spec when the xt and six builds came out and, eventually, the Deore. They made the choice not to pursue an I-spec EV adapter because they didn't trust Shimano not to do it again.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 10:21 Quote
mbresler wrote:
According to customer service from PNW Components, Shimano changed the EV spec slightly from the original XTR spec when the xt and six builds came out and, eventually, the Deore. They made the choice not to pursue an I-spec EV adapter because they didn't trust Shimano not to do it again.

I'm even more confused now because the EV adapter that PNW offered for the Loam lever is mounted to the Deore M6120 brakes on my bike and it fits just fine. I don't doubt that Shimano changed the spec, but it must not have been by much.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005616
Mobile Version of Website