New Bike Guidance

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
Looking for a trail bike recommendation. Got back into mountain bike after an 11 year hiatus (one benefit to everything happening over the last year). My current bike is a 2004 Specialized Enduro Comp (30.6 lbs, 26” wheels, 130mm travel front and rear, 2x9 drivetrain) that I got when I worked in a shop. It’s served me well, but it’s getting tired, hard
to find parts, and looking to get something more modern.

I’m not the most aggressive rider and the trails by me here in San Diego have a lot of uphills so I’m looking for something that has about the same or a little more travel and is a good climber. I have no idea on wheel size (27.5 v 29). Some bikes that peaked my interest have been the Trek Fuel, Giant Trance, YT Jeffsy, Canyon Neuron and Spectral.

Looking for a new bike opposed to used with a limit of about $3000. I know a lot has changed since I was in the industry but I never kept current so looking for help/guidance. Thanks.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 19:34 Quote
Pick one that makes you excited to ride. As a general rule 29's are good for taller folks, say close to 6'+. I find them just as fun as the 27.5, or better. Next, look at warranty and the company's history on customer service. For me, I need to touch and feel it before commiting, so direct to consumer doesn't work for me.

I can't really comment on the bikes specifically since I have not ridden any of those.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005099
Mobile Version of Website