300lb aggressive rider

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
300lb aggressive rider
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 18:22 Quote
So for starters I have a 2019 trance 2 29er. It has a 115mm rear fox dps evol shock, with a fox rhythm 34 front shock. I am 6’1 320lbs with all of my gear/water pack full. I am fairly aggressive with my riding and actually hit decently sized jumps, drops etc. My issue is I bottom out my suspension very easily and I already have the sag correctly set already to the best of the shocks ability haha. I have the largest red volume spacer already in the rear shock and 5 tokens in the front shock. Any recommendations on a heavier duty shock/fork set up? And I’ve been told coil etc but cannot seem to find one to match up to my bike. I am not tech savvy or extremely knowledgeable with these things. Any recommendations are appreciated aside from the obvious lose more weight haha ( down 50lbs already )

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 20:15 Quote
Higher end fork and shock with high and low speed compression adjustments would probably help. Custom tune is probably the real answer.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 6:30 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Higher end fork and shock with high and low speed compression adjustments would probably help. Custom tune is probably the real answer.

Any recommendations on which fork and which shock to go with?

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 7:23 Quote
Part of the issue is 115mm of travel is not a lot for aggressive riding at any rider weight.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
jeremy3220 wrote:
Part of the issue is 115mm of travel is not a lot for aggressive riding at any rider weight.

Yeah, I just assumed this was a typo, or I am missing something. A Tracer is a 27.5 wheel enduro sled. Taser is the e-bike but still has 155mm travel, Carbine or Sniper would be the 29er, but it still has more than 115mm travel.

Let’s get some clarification on what bike you are riding?

Or just realized you probably mean a Giant Trance.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
jeremy3220 wrote:

Yeah, I just assumed this was a typo, or I am missing something. A Tracer is a 27.5 wheel enduro sled. Taser is the e-bike but still has 155mm travel, Carbine or Sniper would be the 29er, but it still has more than 115mm travel.

Let’s get some clarification on what bike you are riding?

Or just realized you probably mean a Giant Trance.

He has a Trance 29.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
Correct it’s a 2019 trance 2 29 they have 115mm travel rear suspension

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
bwelch2k2 wrote:

Yeah, I think your options will be limited with that bike, as Jeremy noted, it’s just not a lot of travel to work with.
Contact a shop that does custom suspension tuning if you want to keep the bike for a while, they might have a solution.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 18:14 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
bwelch2k2 wrote:

Yeah, I think your options will be limited with that bike, as Jeremy noted, it’s just not a lot of travel to work with.
Contact a shop that does custom suspension tuning if you want to keep the bike for a while, they might have a solution.

Ok thank you for the input

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005796
Mobile Version of Website