Confirm Reject system issues

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Confirm Reject system issues
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
I'm having trouble getting some trails approved. I've recently added some new trails, but an admin (who isn't local and doesn't seem to know the area) keeps rejecting what I submit with vague and unconstructive comments such as "segment not trail" and various other three word comments. He seems to have been given power to reject things at will, despite living hundreds of miles away and not being from the area. Is there an appeals process? Is there a way to get the Trailfork staff to stop him doing this? If there were a process whereby admins could make comments and helpful change suggestions, that would work. But just clicking reject and putting an end to all my hard work of creating this trail in the system is pretty spirit crushing. Ta

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 7:02 Quote
I would PM the admin that's rejecting them and ask for more details.

Also you can look over this doc that explains some common things that get trails rejected.

https://gavinstorie5.wixsite.com/trailforkstips/post/why-have-my-additions-been-rejected?fbclid=IwAR2esin9VYq1P--L1qXd2ESeUt1ZK_UVjzC_FhVF8VWyMXV4FugyPdtMp-E

The vast majority of things I reject are "Route Not Trail" or "Trail data quality error". I would verify on that doc your additions don't match the description of any of those issues.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 7:18 Quote
Thanks, I've had a look at the document. The admin has flagged by trail as "segment not trail". This doesn't mean much, because it is a trail and I've taken care to follow the pattern of other local trails. If someone has made a segment of this in Strava, it makes little difference because anyone can make a segment of anything in Strava. I just feel like this system needs a "suggested improvement" button instead of just "reject".

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 7:39 Quote
My guess would be the thinks that the trail you submitted is not representative of a complete trail but only a small part of a single trail. Looking at your current Leckwith 1 - Hareshaw submissions I could see and argument for that.

If you change the Basemap type to OpenStreetMap and take a look at the OSM data it looks like the trail you submitted might actually extend further north up to the road. Without knowing the area tho this could be incorrect. I don't think its a good idea to break up a relatively continuous trail without a well defined intersection unless both parts are very different to either other like an access road turning into a single track or a climb trail turning into a jump line.

You may want to add the other trails around it to give more context if you know them well so it doesn't just look like a line in the middle of the woods.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 13:55 Quote
Thanks for the info. I am actually trying to add 4 - 5 trails on there, but you have to start somewhere and at the minute he's been blocking my attempts. This comes to the nub of the problem - the guy who is rejecting them is not from the area. I'm pretty sure he's never even been in those woods. The trail you mention is a definite, unique trail, however short, that has been made by mountain bikers and connects two established paths - one higher and one lower.

If you are there it is very obviously a different track to the main one. The main path is already on OSM, and I've tried adding that as a multi-use path but he's rejecting that too. It's kind of annoying and not at all constructive.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004939
Mobile Version of Website