CO Springs trails/conditions in late April?

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
CO Springs trails/conditions in late April?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
So work is taking me to Colorado Springs in the last week of April, and I’m looking at packing a bike to get some riding in. Just curious what kind of terrain to expect in the vicinity (bring the enduro sled, or the short travel bike?) and how the snow level looks at that time of year. Probably won’t have too much time for a bigger trip so I’d probably be limited to what’s close by. Any recommendations for must-ride trails are appreciated! Thanks.

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
I have not ridden any trails down in the Springs, but up in the Denver area stuff at Denver elevation can melt and dry out quickly. When you get into trees, you will hit shady areas that may have some packed snow or mud. As you head up the foothills and temps tend to be lower, this will be more the case. Even when the temps are lower the lack of humidity does its work on the snow!

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 8:11 Quote
@DrPete the West side of town has tons of trails wit lots of elevation available. Snow is pretty hard to predict this time of year, but there are facebook groups (Front Range Mountain Biking) that are good resources for asking about trail conditions. Must ride Chutes and Ladders. Super fun decent with jumps huge berms and a fast rock garden with optional lines at the top. While you're out there you might as well ride Captain Jack too. It's awesome and has an optional double black/red trail. Not sure what bikes you've got, but I ride everything in the front range with a Ripmo AF and it's great. Most people have at least 140mm of travel out here. Expect dry loose conditions if there's no snow. April could be unrideable or perfect, really hard to predict this time of year.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
Well we got snow last week, and it’s transitioning to traditional spring storm weather. Temps are up, but north facing trails are still going to be snowy/icy/muddy. Good luck!

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006185
Mobile Version of Website