Shimano steps 7000 help!

PB Forum :: eMTB
Shimano steps 7000 help!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
I have a Norco sight motor runs great has the shimano steps 7000
Wondering if anyone has this motor !
My question is when I start to pedal is it normal to like feel the motor kick in it’s not like super smooth I can feel it on the cranks click in when I pedal if makes sense everything is good when riding just the start when motor engages

Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 21:28 Quote
Sounds normal, I have the 8000 and it’s fairly abrupt at times when it kicks in, especially on higher assist levels.

Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 0:06 Quote
Kbosch711 wrote:
My question is when I start to pedal is it normal to like feel the motor kick in it’s not like super smooth I can feel it on the cranks click in when I pedal if makes sense everything is good when riding just the start when motor engages

Is it doing this in all modes or just in boost?

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
I have the same bike and motor. I noticed this with my first motor. The motor kicked in abruptly and stopped powering just as abruptly. That motor broke fairly quickly and was replaced. I feel that the second motor is smoother overall.

Posted: Mar 14, 2021 at 19:33 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
Kbosch711 wrote:

Is it doing this in all modes or just in boost?

Yea
All modes ! Just when I start pedaling I can feel the assist kick in pretty good not like smooth but pretty good like the cranks jump a little

Posted: Mar 14, 2021 at 19:34 Quote
DanKaplan wrote:
I have the same bike and motor. I noticed this with my first motor. The motor kicked in abruptly and stopped powering just as abruptly. That motor broke fairly quickly and was replaced. I feel that the second motor is smoother overall.

Dang what broke
Motor seems good just was wondering if alll 7000 you can feel the little like click when motor kicks in it doesn’t loose power just wondering about the pedal assist how it should feel

Posted: Mar 17, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
Kbosch711 wrote:
DanKaplan wrote:

Dang what broke
Motor seems good just was wondering if alll 7000 you can feel the little like click when motor kicks in it doesn’t loose power just wondering about the pedal assist how it should feel

I’m not sure what broke but it was mechanical as opposed to some software issue. I don’t really feel a click when it kicks in. I guess just enjoy it.

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 3:39 Quote
Hi; I have the steps E7000 but I have never felt such a "click" sound while engaging the cranks and the motor. I feel the engagement of motor assist when starting pedaling but not as obvious as you mention. It doesn't sound me super normal overall.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006170
Mobile Version of Website