Yeti ARC Questions

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti ARC Questions
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
So after the announcement of the Yeti ARC, anyone here has any experiences with it? I've been thinking of getting one but I'm just can't place it in a category, is it an aggressive XC bike or is it a trail hardtail? Especially with the 67 deg headtube angle. I'm coming from an SB-66 so I'd like to try a hardtail for my next bike. Can it hang with some moderate trail riding?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 23:07 Quote
I built it as a trail hardtail and really love it.
Coming from 140mm+ full suspension bikes its a new challenge.

You can find more infos at the MTBR yeti forum. There a some good infos.

Here is my bulid: https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/CrySmack,26310/setup,43128

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 19:50 Quote
I have ordered on. I will be building it into a SingleSpeed Trail Bike.

Fox 34 130mm out front.

Plan on having a X01 AXS shifter and derailleur on hand to swap out to geared real quick. DT Swiss Hubs work awesome to swap from XD to HG drivers set up with Cassette and Single gear.

Posted: Mar 17, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
Got mine built up and after 2 rides the SRAM Universal Hanger started rotating and broke the frame....pretty disappointing hoping Yeti has a fix.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 0:56 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
Got mine built up and after 2 rides the SRAM Universal Hanger started rotating and broke the frame....pretty disappointing hoping Yeti has a fix.

Did you screw in the little bolt for holding der hanger in place ?

page 17 in the manual https://yeticyclescom.cdn.prismic.io/yeticyclescom/849ba727-08eb-45ed-af56-b7a8d3ef8340_2021_OwnersManual_ARC.pdf

Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 3:34 Quote
Yeah. The hanger sheered the head of the little bolt off. The little bolt is tightened into Carbon with 5nm and permanent locktite is added from the factory. It would be very difficult to remove with an easy out because a straight drill is not possible. Also the solution that dissolves locktite will also break down carbon fiber resins.

Any ideas?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 4:16 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
Yeah. The hanger sheered the head of the little bolt off. The little bolt is tightened into Carbon with 5nm and permanent locktite is added from the factory. It would be very difficult to remove with an easy out because a straight drill is not possible. Also the solution that dissolves locktite will also break down carbon fiber resins.

Any ideas?

sounds bad. hope Yeti will fix your problem.
mine is fine after 350km.

Construction of UDH and the bolt looks a bit like a last minute design change

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
I went ahead and pulled the trigger and built me the bike this past weekend. Any suggestions on which bashguard/chain guide combo will fit this frame since it is a 2 bolt instead of 3 bolt ISCG mount?

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 3:20 Quote
I just ordered my frame. I was showing as 'in stock' at Wheelbase UK, so I am tentatively hoping it arrives this week!

Building it up with a mix of parts I have and new bits. It will be my only bike as I am selling another hardtail to fund the purchase.

- Yeti ARC (M) Turquoise
- FOX 34 Performance Elite 130mm
- WTB i30 wheels (bought really cheap on ebay will likely replace these in time)
- Minion DHF 2.5 / DHR II 2.4
- XT 12 speed with deore cassette
- Hope Tech 3 E4 brakes
- Brand X dropper
- Nukeproof Horizon bar & stem
- Aeffect cranks
- Hope F20 pedals
- Ergon saddle
- A few pretty turquoise bits

As someone who drooled over them in the late 90s, to say I am excited to build and ride a Yeti is an understatement. The weather is improving in the UK after another foul winter. It will be by far the fanciest bike I have ever ridden. I have treated myself as a reward for working my ass off to keep my business afloat for the last year in challenging times.

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 5:50 Quote
I have a C1 build and I’ve only added a few small personal touches to it as it pretty much ticked the boxes I wanted from stock (which is unusual for me)

I’m pretty much a HT only rider but this is my first carbon HT.

Another ‘90s dreamer’ who finally is living the Yeti ownership dream ????

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 6:12 Quote
SuperSolo wrote:
I have a C1 build and I’ve only added a few small personal touches to it as it pretty much ticked the boxes I wanted from stock (which is unusual for me)

Looks like a great and sensible build. The top end builds are poorer value for money in my opinion. Obviously 'value for money' and 'Yeti' don't really belong in the same sentence anyway. Have you got the bike already? How does it ride? I notice you are in the UK too.

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 6:14 Quote
bosquev wrote:
I went ahead and pulled the trigger and built me the bike this past weekend. Any suggestions on which bashguard/chain guide combo will fit this frame since it is a 2 bolt instead of 3 bolt ISCG mount?

I was looking and couldn't find anything either. I have seen guys run a three bolt guard with just two bolts, but I think this would flex and stress the two bolts too much in the event of a big hit. I think I am not going to bother. I'd rather sacrifice the chainring than the frame.

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 6:18 Quote
Plodocus wrote:
SuperSolo wrote:

Looks like a great and sensible build. The top end builds are poorer value for money in my opinion. Obviously 'value for money' and 'Yeti' don't really belong in the same sentence anyway. Have you got the bike already? How does it ride? I notice you are in the UK too.

Yes, got it back in early November.

I’m firmly at the XC / trail end of the riding spectrum but it works super well for me. Sizing is perfect. Very comfortable and the weight is a plus after some steel HTs I’ve had.

I like climbing and it does that really well. Has a nice burst of speed when putting a couple of big pedal inputs, which is rewarding.

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 6:41 Quote
SuperSolo wrote:
Plodocus wrote:
SuperSolo wrote:

Yes, got it back in early November.

I’m firmly at the XC / trail end of the riding spectrum but it works super well for me. Sizing is perfect. Very comfortable and the weight is a plus after some steel HTs I’ve had.

I like climbing and it does that really well. Has a nice burst of speed when putting a couple of big pedal inputs, which is rewarding.

I am in the same boat I think. I prefer to keep my wheels on the ground and do big long fairly mellow rides.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013017
Mobile Version of Website