Yeti ARC Questions

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti ARC Questions
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 2:43 Quote
@Plodocus

Any update on your build?

I had my best ride yet on my ARC yesterday. Everything just hooked up and flowed perfectly, both climbing and descending.

Happy trails!

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 5:51 Quote
Yep,

Since the rear end and Bottom Bracket were both f*cked and Yeti has no fix and does not have a warrantee the shop gave me my money back. Also found a QC sticker that said "Fail" on the inside of the head tube.

The shop had 2 other bad ARC frames with issues as well. I think the Factory in Vietnam that makes the Arc has some bigger issues and Yeti isn't going to cover it.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
SuperSolo wrote:
@Plodocus

Any update on your build?

I had my best ride yet on my ARC yesterday. Everything just hooked up and flowed perfectly, both climbing and descending.

Happy trails!

I finally finished the build today! I had a small issue with my E4 rear caliper not fitting due to lack of frame clearance, but I stuck an X2 caliper on there instead. Then a few drivetrain bits got stuck in customs. Here she is:

2021 Custom built Yeti Arc

Specs:

- Yeti Arc, Medium
- Fox 34 Performance Elite, 130mm.
- Hope E4 front, Hope X2 rear, Tech 3 levers, 180mm floating rotors, braided hoses
- Raceface Aeffect Crank with Wolftooth Boost 32 ring
- XT 12 speed shifter & mech, Deore cassette
- WTB i29 wheels, Maxxis DHF / DHR2 tyres
- Brand X 170mm dropper w/ Wolftooth remote
- Cane creek 40 headset
- Hope F20 pedals
- Nukeproof Horizon 60mm stem w/ Hope spacers + head doctor
- Nukeproof Horizon carbon bars
- ODI Elite Pro Yeti grips
- Turquoise Cushcore valves
- Ergon Saddle
- RRP Proguard bolt on fender
- Invisiframe

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 19:39 Quote
Damn. Looks nice. How did the bottom bracket go in?

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 1:18 Quote
Plodocus wrote:
I finally finished the build today! I had a small issue with my E4 rear caliper not fitting due to lack of frame clearance, but I stuck an X2 caliper on there instead. Then a few drivetrain bits got stuck in customs. Here she is:

2021 Custom built Yeti Arc

Specs:

- Yeti Arc, Medium
- Fox 34 Performance Elite, 130mm.
- Hope E4 front, Hope X2 rear, Tech 3 levers, 180mm floating rotors, braided hoses
- Raceface Aeffect Crank with Wolftooth Boost 32 ring
- XT 12 speed shifter & mech, Deore cassette
- WTB i29 wheels, Maxxis DHF / DHR2 tyres
- Brand X 170mm dropper w/ Wolftooth remote
- Cane creek 40 headset
- Hope F20 pedals
- Nukeproof Horizon 60mm stem w/ Hope spacers + head doctor
- Nukeproof Horizon carbon bars
- ODI Elite Pro Yeti grips
- Turquoise Cushcore valves
- Ergon Saddle
- RRP Proguard bolt on fender
- Invisiframe

Looks great I’m sure you can’t wait to get out riding! Enjoy

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 2:12 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
Damn. Looks nice. How did the bottom bracket go in?

Annoyingly, but through no fault of Yeti. Went in like a dream, but I inadvertently pinched the little plastic guide tube for the dropper cable. So I had to order a PF removal tool over Easter weekend, wait for that to arrive and then reinstall the BB. No way I was taking a screwdriver and mallet to this. I somehow destroyed the BB in the process (cheap shimano one), so i have installed a Token screw in one (kinda like the Wheels Manufacturing one). Time will tell how it holds up. I expect eventually I will install a hope BB if I can swallow the cost of the installation tool or find a shop nearby that has one.

Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
Got mine built up and after 2 rides the SRAM Universal Hanger started rotating and broke the frame....pretty disappointing hoping Yeti has a fix.

How did it work out?

Got the same problem, i only got 2 rides out of a $1900 frame!

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 19:48 Quote
Ukugram wrote:
FearlessFly wrote:
Got mine built up and after 2 rides the SRAM Universal Hanger started rotating and broke the frame....pretty disappointing hoping Yeti has a fix.

How did it work out?

I hate to say it, but this exact same thing happened to my ARC. 5 rides in, hanger sheared off the pin. I don't understand why they didn't just stick with the hanger design from the SB130. Mine has over 2000 miles with no issues. I'm pretty much crushed Cry

Yeti ARC universal derailleur hanger pin sheared off in the frame. New bike with only 5 rides. What a joke of a design.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:55 Quote
TracyBeau wrote:
Ukugram wrote:
FearlessFly wrote:

How did it work out?

I hate to say it, but this exact same thing happened to my ARC. 5 rides in, hanger sheared off the pin. I don't understand why they didn't just stick with the hanger design from the SB130. Mine has over 2000 miles with no issues. I'm pretty much crushed Cry

Yeti ARC universal derailleur hanger pin sheared off in the frame. New bike with only 5 rides. What a joke of a design.

So, three people with the same UDH problem?

Though, I don't get where the torque is coming from that is strong enough to shear the bolt and rotate the UDH. It really should just be to keep the derailleur in place.

Has your derailleur been hit?

Or maybe the bolt was not tensioning the frame and UDH together well enough? Well installed screws should tension the two pieces together so that there is no shearing force.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 14:52 Quote
The UDH is fine. Yeti did not build the frame to UDH specs so the UDH rotates and breaks the pin in the frame. 100% a design f*ck up on Yeti.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 15:01 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
The UDH is fine. Yeti did not build the frame to UDH specs so the UDH rotates and breaks the pin in the frame. 100% a design f*ck up on Yeti.

What’s the UDH spec you’re referring to?

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 16:12 Quote
The spec SRAM publishes for how a frame needs to fit the UDH. Yeti is missing part so just drilled a pin into the frame that breaks off and can't be replaced.

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
The spec SRAM publishes for how a frame needs to fit the UDH. Yeti is missing part so just drilled a pin into the frame that breaks off and can't be replaced.

Were you able to get this warranted?

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
Nope. Yeti told me it wasn't warrantee as a derailler hanger is just wear and tear even when the hanger breaks the frame. I did get the shop to take it back and fight it out with Yeti. At the time the shop had 3 of these already. Kudos to Jenson Usa and f*ck Yeti.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018058
Mobile Version of Website