Yeti ARC Questions

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti ARC Questions
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 2:43 Quote
@Plodocus

Any update on your build?

I had my best ride yet on my ARC yesterday. Everything just hooked up and flowed perfectly, both climbing and descending.

Happy trails!

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 5:51 Quote
Yep,

Since the rear end and Bottom Bracket were both f*cked and Yeti has no fix and does not have a warrantee the shop gave me my money back. Also found a QC sticker that said "Fail" on the inside of the head tube.

The shop had 2 other bad ARC frames with issues as well. I think the Factory in Vietnam that makes the Arc has some bigger issues and Yeti isn't going to cover it.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
SuperSolo wrote:
@Plodocus

Any update on your build?

I had my best ride yet on my ARC yesterday. Everything just hooked up and flowed perfectly, both climbing and descending.

Happy trails!

I finally finished the build today! I had a small issue with my E4 rear caliper not fitting due to lack of frame clearance, but I stuck an X2 caliper on there instead. Then a few drivetrain bits got stuck in customs. Here she is:

2021 Custom built Yeti Arc

Specs:

- Yeti Arc, Medium
- Fox 34 Performance Elite, 130mm.
- Hope E4 front, Hope X2 rear, Tech 3 levers, 180mm floating rotors, braided hoses
- Raceface Aeffect Crank with Wolftooth Boost 32 ring
- XT 12 speed shifter & mech, Deore cassette
- WTB i29 wheels, Maxxis DHF / DHR2 tyres
- Brand X 170mm dropper w/ Wolftooth remote
- Cane creek 40 headset
- Hope F20 pedals
- Nukeproof Horizon 60mm stem w/ Hope spacers + head doctor
- Nukeproof Horizon carbon bars
- ODI Elite Pro Yeti grips
- Turquoise Cushcore valves
- Ergon Saddle
- RRP Proguard bolt on fender
- Invisiframe

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 19:39 Quote
Damn. Looks nice. How did the bottom bracket go in?

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 1:18 Quote
Plodocus wrote:
I finally finished the build today! I had a small issue with my E4 rear caliper not fitting due to lack of frame clearance, but I stuck an X2 caliper on there instead. Then a few drivetrain bits got stuck in customs. Here she is:

2021 Custom built Yeti Arc

Specs:

- Yeti Arc, Medium
- Fox 34 Performance Elite, 130mm.
- Hope E4 front, Hope X2 rear, Tech 3 levers, 180mm floating rotors, braided hoses
- Raceface Aeffect Crank with Wolftooth Boost 32 ring
- XT 12 speed shifter & mech, Deore cassette
- WTB i29 wheels, Maxxis DHF / DHR2 tyres
- Brand X 170mm dropper w/ Wolftooth remote
- Cane creek 40 headset
- Hope F20 pedals
- Nukeproof Horizon 60mm stem w/ Hope spacers + head doctor
- Nukeproof Horizon carbon bars
- ODI Elite Pro Yeti grips
- Turquoise Cushcore valves
- Ergon Saddle
- RRP Proguard bolt on fender
- Invisiframe

Looks great I’m sure you can’t wait to get out riding! Enjoy

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 2:12 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
Damn. Looks nice. How did the bottom bracket go in?

Annoyingly, but through no fault of Yeti. Went in like a dream, but I inadvertently pinched the little plastic guide tube for the dropper cable. So I had to order a PF removal tool over Easter weekend, wait for that to arrive and then reinstall the BB. No way I was taking a screwdriver and mallet to this. I somehow destroyed the BB in the process (cheap shimano one), so i have installed a Token screw in one (kinda like the Wheels Manufacturing one). Time will tell how it holds up. I expect eventually I will install a hope BB if I can swallow the cost of the installation tool or find a shop nearby that has one.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005780
Mobile Version of Website