Yeti ARC Questions

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti ARC Questions
O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
Yeah. The hanger sheered the head of the little bolt off. The little bolt is tightened into Carbon with 5nm and permanent locktite is added from the factory. It would be very difficult to remove with an easy out because a straight drill is not possible. Also the solution that dissolves locktite will also break down carbon fiber resins.

Any ideas?

What was the final solution to fix or race the pin. My pin sheared off after 2 months causing derailleur to shift forward thus requiring full b screw to be in to allow jockey wheel to clear cassette. I called yeti and the said to bring it to the shop and have them put in a warranty claim. They will have the shop try and drill it out and replace the pin or possibly a frame replacement which I find ridiculous for such a thing instead just give me a modified hangar that fits in the car on drop out and puts the derailleur in the correct position. Interested to know what they did for you before I bring it into the shop. Thanks.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 12:23 Quote
Yeti would not warrantee the frame but the shop i got it from took it back gave me my money back.

Pretty terrible experience in dealing with Yeti.

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 5:35 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
Yeti would not warrantee the frame but the shop i got it from took it back gave me my money back.

Pretty terrible experience in dealing with Yeti.

Thanks for the response.

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 15:56 Quote
Yeti's published HTA is 67deg. but something isn't right.

I am comparing the following two bikes that I have in my hands:
>>>2021 Yeti ARC OEM build with prescribed 130mm fork publishes a 67.0 deg HTA in their geometry charts.
>>>2020 Ibis DV9 OEM build with prescribed 120mm fork publishes a 67.4 deg HTA in their geometry charts.

Based on this the Yeti would be a tad slacker but I wouldn't expect it to be noticeable looking at the two side by side. INSTEAD the Yeti is noticeably STEEPER, visually anyway. Using some basic tools (speed square & torpedo level) confirms the Yeti is steeper, to what degree I can't be sure. The fact that it's visually noticeable leads me to think it's significant.

I certainly don't believe that either company would get these numbers wrong. Could it be that Ibis measures HTA after 25% sag in fork and Yeti measures HTA unsprung. Even if Ibis did it this way it still appears the Ibis would be slacker.

Any ideas as to why I find this to be the case???

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 16:25 Quote
I use a angle finder app on my smartphone.

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 11:43 Quote
Fearless, good suggestion!
I used the app and found the ARC to be a smidge slacker, so I was wrong. It could have been an optical illusion with Yeti's very sloping top tube compared to the DV9 or too many beers in the system that lead me to think otherwise.
Thanks!

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 1:53 Quote
MeBikey wrote:
Fearless, good suggestion!
I used the app and found the ARC to be a smidge slacker, so I was wrong. It could have been an optical illusion with Yeti's very sloping top tube compared to the DV9 or too many beers in the system that lead me to think otherwise.
Thanks!

I remember doing something similar when I first got my ARC (almost a year ago)

I don’t recall the exact figure but it was slightly slacker than the on paper figure

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 6:35 Quote
Hello all and sorry to post if I'm in the wrong place,
Question is, I have just bought the yeti arc in raw carbon, should I be invisi wrapping it? Will it make much difference? Thanks all.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 7:23 Quote
Naw...don't worry about the Ridewrap. The hanger will break the frame before you get to ride it....unless they have redesigned it.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:24 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
Naw...don't worry about the Ridewrap. The hanger will break the frame before you get to ride it....unless they have redesigned it.
brilliant, I didn't know they had a problem with the hanger,, haha

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
jimroyale wrote:
FearlessFly wrote:
brilliant, I didn't know they had a problem with the hanger,, haha
Yeah, scroll back through this thread and see the issue.
Good luck.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
I don't know what to do now, do i try cancel my order? Won't yeti honour there lifetime warranty?
I really wanted the arc but am worried about it now.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 6:31 Quote
jimroyale wrote:
I don't know what to do now, do i try cancel my order? Won't yeti honour there lifetime warranty?
I really wanted the arc but am worried about it now.

If this thread is any guide then it looks like Yeti will NOT warranty the issue should it occur. I'd bring this concern to the attention of the bike shop where you ordered it and if things haven't changed then consider a different bike.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 13:32 Quote
Do we know of any upgrades that can be done to this rear mech hanger to strengthen it to the frame?

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 17:58 Quote
The hanger is fine. The problem is with the frame. Yeti needs to update the frame.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023343
Mobile Version of Website