Yeti ARC Questions

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti ARC Questions
Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
My ARC came with a sheered bolt . I bought it last March from Worldwidecyclery. The folks there offered me two solutions either i return the bike and they fix it or I try and fix it. I bought bolt extractor set and have extracted the broken part.Considering the shortage of any bikes at that time I decided to give it a try
The approach is as follows:
- drill the broken part of the bolt with 2-3mm drill bit.
- heat the piece with soldering gun to break /melt the Locktite
- extract with a small driller

Can provide pictures on request . This is the tool
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/VG_11119?cid=paidsearch_shopping_dcoe_google_monthly-special_202102&store=37973&campaign=GSC-Promos&campaign_id=6478906937&adgroup_id=78844950918&adtype=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqIXEn5eX7wIVBuDACh0nLQ6HEAQYASABEgKo__D_BwE&#

I used #1 or 2 do not recall now
Wroldwidecylery reimbursed me the bolt extractors which was really nice of them .

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 20:17 Quote
Not a bad fix. How do you keep it from happening again?

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 3:04 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
Not a bad fix. How do you keep it from happening again?
there talking about this on the yeti arc and fans forum on face book, im following it as I have a arc frame coming on Tuesday,
Basically they are saying swap the alloy small derailleur bolt with a harder steel one and a small washer, ive asked for a photo of this done,

Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
bosquev wrote:
I went ahead and pulled the trigger and built me the bike this past weekend. Any suggestions on which bashguard/chain guide combo will fit this frame since it is a 2 bolt instead of 3 bolt ISCG mount?
Hi did you find a solution?
I want to install bash guard too .

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
Hey all
I preemptively went ahead with changing out the bolt after reading some of the issues. I sourced a Stainless M5x10mm hex head bolt and 2 M5 washers from my local Ace Hardware.

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 1:05 Quote
[Quote="Larrbear0516"]Hey all
I preemptively went ahead with changing out the bolt after reading some of the issues. I sourced a Stainless M5x10mm hex head bolt and 2 M5 washers from my local Ace Hardware.[/Quot
edid the original bolt come out ok?, did you have to heat it up or anything for the thread lock? I have just got the arc frame to build and am thinking of going down this route and changing the bolt.

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
ychen wrote:
bosquev wrote:
I went ahead and pulled the trigger and built me the bike this past weekend. Any suggestions on which bashguard/chain guide combo will fit this frame since it is a 2 bolt instead of 3 bolt ISCG mount?
Hi did you find a solution?
I want to install bash guard too .

From the FAQ section on the Yeti site:

The ARC has an integrated 2-bolt ISCG ’05 mount. It is designed to work best with low-profile modern guides; depending on the brand, some older models with larger upper guides may not fit. We always recommend performing a fit-check with a specific chainguide to confirm compatibility.

HTH

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
[Quote="jimroyale"]
Larrbear0516 wrote:
Hey all
I preemptively went ahead with changing out the bolt after reading some of the issues. I sourced a Stainless M5x10mm hex head bolt and 2 M5 washers from my local Ace Hardware.[/Quot
edid the original bolt come out ok?, did you have to heat it up or anything for the thread lock? I have just got the arc frame to build and am thinking of going down this route and changing the bolt.

I did not. It came out no issue for me.

Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 6:27 Quote
[Quote="Larrbear0516"]
jimroyale wrote:
Larrbear0516 wrote:
Hey all

I did not. It came out no issue for me.
How have typu got on with the stainless m5 bolt mod? All working fine i hope.

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
TracyBeau wrote:
Ukugram wrote:
FearlessFly wrote:
Got mine built up and after 2 rides the SRAM Universal Hanger started rotating and broke the frame....pretty disappointing hoping Yeti has a fix.

How did it work out?

Got the same problem, i only got 2 rides out of a $1900 frame!

I hate to say it, but this exact same thing happened to my ARC. 5 rides in, hanger sheared off the pin. I don't understand why they didn't just stick with the hanger design from the SB130. Mine has over 2000 miles with no issues. I'm pretty much crushed Cry

Yeti ARC universal derailleur hanger pin sheared off in the frame. New bike with only 5 rides. What a joke of a design.

Curious if anyone else has had issues with this. My first ARC frame in Sept 2021 came to me with the Universal Hanger Stopper sheared off brand new in the box. I sent it back and asked for a new frame. The retailer wanted to do the warranty fix, but I said I wanted a brand new frame since I just paid $1900 for it. I got my replacement frame and now about 7 months later I went to swap a rear tire and noticed that the hanger stopper is again sheared off on this new frame.

Anyone else having this problem? What was the warranty outcome? Thanks!

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 8:33 Quote
Here’s a photo of mine:

photo

Posted: Apr 10, 2022 at 22:01 Quote
got a new ARC frame and i don’t have a threaded section in the hanger. it appears they changed the frame

how do i post pics. don’t see an option

nickjohnson27 wrote:
Here’s a photo of mine:

photo

Posted: Apr 10, 2022 at 22:55 Quote
Eloo37 wrote:
got a new ARC frame and i don’t have a threaded section in the hanger. it appears they changed the frame

how do i post pics. don’t see an option

nickjohnson27 wrote:
Here’s a photo of mine:

photo

You can post photos uploaded to Pinkbike by using a left square bracket, then "PI=12345678" (replace "12345678" with the actual serial number of the photo--you'll see it in the URL when you look at the photo by itself), then a right square bracket, then another left square bracket, then "/PI", then another right square bracket.

If you look at the photo already embedded in this quote thread (just try quoting this post), you'll see what I mean.

I don't know why they don't make it easier.

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 2:03 Quote
nickjohnson27 wrote:
Here’s a photo of mine:

photo
Thanks all for sharing the issue!

This happened at me today while building the 2021 frame; called Bike24 and waiting for the answer. The screw on my frame was really loose when it was delivered, so I bought torque wrench and around 4.5Nm, it broke off.
Photo coming soon.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 9:39 Quote
ninjasound wrote:
nickjohnson27 wrote:
Here’s a photo of mine:

photo
Thanks all for sharing the issue!

This happened at me today while building the 2021 frame; called Bike24 and waiting for the answer. The screw on my frame was really loose when it was delivered, so I bought torque wrench and around 4.5Nm, it broke off.
Photo coming soon.

What did bike24 give you for an answer? I bought a frame from a local shop and they told me to drill it out myself. Not sure I want to go that route.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.046957
Mobile Version of Website