Yeti ARC Questions

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti ARC Questions
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
My ARC came with a sheered bolt . I bought it last March from Worldwidecyclery. The folks there offered me two solutions either i return the bike and they fix it or I try and fix it. I bought bolt extractor set and have extracted the broken part.Considering the shortage of any bikes at that time I decided to give it a try
The approach is as follows:
- drill the broken part of the bolt with 2-3mm drill bit.
- heat the piece with soldering gun to break /melt the Locktite
- extract with a small driller

Can provide pictures on request . This is the tool
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/VG_11119?cid=paidsearch_shopping_dcoe_google_monthly-special_202102&store=37973&campaign=GSC-Promos&campaign_id=6478906937&adgroup_id=78844950918&adtype=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqIXEn5eX7wIVBuDACh0nLQ6HEAQYASABEgKo__D_BwE&#

I used #1 or 2 do not recall now
Wroldwidecylery reimbursed me the bolt extractors which was really nice of them .

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 20:17 Quote
Not a bad fix. How do you keep it from happening again?

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 3:04 Quote
FearlessFly wrote:
Not a bad fix. How do you keep it from happening again?
there talking about this on the yeti arc and fans forum on face book, im following it as I have a arc frame coming on Tuesday,
Basically they are saying swap the alloy small derailleur bolt with a harder steel one and a small washer, ive asked for a photo of this done,

Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
bosquev wrote:
I went ahead and pulled the trigger and built me the bike this past weekend. Any suggestions on which bashguard/chain guide combo will fit this frame since it is a 2 bolt instead of 3 bolt ISCG mount?
Hi did you find a solution?
I want to install bash guard too .

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
Hey all
I preemptively went ahead with changing out the bolt after reading some of the issues. I sourced a Stainless M5x10mm hex head bolt and 2 M5 washers from my local Ace Hardware.

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 1:05 Quote
[Quote="Larrbear0516"]Hey all
I preemptively went ahead with changing out the bolt after reading some of the issues. I sourced a Stainless M5x10mm hex head bolt and 2 M5 washers from my local Ace Hardware.[/Quot
edid the original bolt come out ok?, did you have to heat it up or anything for the thread lock? I have just got the arc frame to build and am thinking of going down this route and changing the bolt.

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
ychen wrote:
bosquev wrote:
I went ahead and pulled the trigger and built me the bike this past weekend. Any suggestions on which bashguard/chain guide combo will fit this frame since it is a 2 bolt instead of 3 bolt ISCG mount?
Hi did you find a solution?
I want to install bash guard too .

From the FAQ section on the Yeti site:

The ARC has an integrated 2-bolt ISCG ’05 mount. It is designed to work best with low-profile modern guides; depending on the brand, some older models with larger upper guides may not fit. We always recommend performing a fit-check with a specific chainguide to confirm compatibility.

HTH

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
[Quote="jimroyale"]
Larrbear0516 wrote:
Hey all
I preemptively went ahead with changing out the bolt after reading some of the issues. I sourced a Stainless M5x10mm hex head bolt and 2 M5 washers from my local Ace Hardware.[/Quot
edid the original bolt come out ok?, did you have to heat it up or anything for the thread lock? I have just got the arc frame to build and am thinking of going down this route and changing the bolt.

I did not. It came out no issue for me.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005960
Mobile Version of Website