Yeti ARC Questions
Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
jrkoenig wrote:
ninjasound wrote:
nickjohnson27 wrote:
Here’s a photo of mine:

photo
Thanks all for sharing the issue!

This happened at me today while building the 2021 frame; called Bike24 and waiting for the answer. The screw on my frame was really loose when it was delivered, so I bought torque wrench and around 4.5Nm, it broke off.
Photo coming soon.

What did bike24 give you for an answer? I bought a frame from a local shop and they told me to drill it out myself. Not sure I want to go that route.

Thats just a broken bolt.

FL
Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 1:49 Quote
Hey fellow ARC owners, looking to build a hardtail for the winter and super unsure regarding the sizing. I'm measuring 177 cm and been riding Santa Cruz in the recent years (MT, TB, Blur) and always opted for size large. Yeti seems to be more on the conservative side regarding the geo, and while the suggest Medium for my size, I'd probably just go with large and throw a 30mm stem on it. Any recommendations / experiences? Been a while since I've been on a hardtail...

Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 10:12 Quote
i went through the same dilemma. i usually ride med for my full suspension bikes that have around a 450-460 reach. i do usually end up going with a shorter stem.

i was going back and forth between a med and large for the arc but ended up taking Yeti recommendation of the med. i wanted the yet dedicated to more xc/ down country riding. figure the shorter reach would make it feel more xc.

i am happy with the decision

MindPatterns wrote:
Hey fellow ARC owners, looking to build a hardtail for the winter and super unsure regarding the sizing. I'm measuring 177 cm and been riding Santa Cruz in the recent years (MT, TB, Blur) and always opted for size large. Yeti seems to be more on the conservative side regarding the geo, and while the suggest Medium for my size, I'd probably just go with large and throw a 30mm stem on it. Any recommendations / experiences? Been a while since I've been on a hardtail...

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2022 at 17:41 Quote
Add me to the list… Exactly one “XC” type ride and the UDH bolt sheared off. I am not too impressed.

FL
Posted: Nov 9, 2022 at 2:16 Quote
I am/was in the market for an ARC frame, but having seen all the snapped UDH retaining bolts.... i am thinking maybe not?!

Has Yeti resolved this issue?

I know there are probably lots of people out there that havent suffered this failure... but still makes me worry!

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 6:51 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
I am/was in the market for an ARC frame, but having seen all the snapped UDH retaining bolts.... i am thinking maybe not?!

Has Yeti resolved this issue?

I know there are probably lots of people out there that havent suffered this failure... but still makes me worry!

The below post suggests the 2022 frame has a revised mounting, I have just ordered a 2022 frame on offer so will post back any revised design. The 2022 manual states some bikes will not require a UDH stop bolt and the 2023 manual does not show any stop bolt at all.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/x_directtolastpost/?commentid=7098169

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 7:08 Quote
I think it was a factory issue.

I was told the Chinese Yeti ARC frames were fine but the Vietnamese ones were all bad...maybe Yeti went back to buying all Chinese frames and that fixed the issue.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
Anyone looked at the 2023 ARCs? I'm confused on the TURQ vs.T-series differences between build kits. By the looks of it C1 and C3 are listed as T-Series, everything else as TURQ series.. Makes little sense. Is this just a quirk on their website? Is there in fact just a single frame/material?

https://yeticycles.com/bikes/arc

To make things even more confusing. I'm looking at the new models out on Jenson and the C1 and C2 are both listed as C-Series while the T1 is listed as TURQ series.. Lots of inconsistencies. Anyone have any clarity?

https://www.jensonusa.com/YETI-ARC-C1-SLX-BIKE-2023

EDIT -
Got an answer to my own questions directly from Yeti.. New ARCs have a carbon molded stop instead of a stop bolt which is reportedly much more robust. All frames are the same TURQ series carbon irrespective of what the websites say. No changes for 2023 other than colors.

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 0:48 Quote
Yeah, I remember asking Yeti about this ages ago (about 2 years) as on some C models of the ARC it was showing c carbon not Turq but they did correct that after a while.

I haven’t heard about the difference in ‘the bolt’ breaking between the manufacturer from Vietnam or China. Mine was built in Vietnam and hasn’t broken yet (just over 2 years)

I’d read somewhere about a link between the broken bolts and heavy axs rear derailleurs. So I guess there are a few theories out there.

All I can say is I’m still super happy with my ARC and it genuinely feels like someone at Yeti listened to exactly what I wanted from a bike.

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 7:12 Quote
Any news re the UDH bolt shearing? Was it ever fixed?

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 11:45 Quote
Yeti warrantied my frame and the new one is molded for the UDH - no more pin. I've only been out on a half dozen rides or so, but it seems to have fixed the problem.

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 3:38 Quote
Same, my 2022 frame has no more bolt.

Posted: Dec 16, 2022 at 4:12 Quote
Hey everyone, new ARC shopper, waiting for the frame to be delivered.

Regarding chainline, I see there are basically zero or 1 crankset that is officialy a 55mm chainline crankset, what kind of cranksets do you run on your ARCs?
Since Sram DUB Boost cranksets are mostly 52 chainline.

thanks

Posted: Dec 16, 2022 at 4:35 Quote
Stenimir wrote:
Hey everyone, new ARC shopper, waiting for the frame to be delivered.

Regarding chainline, I see there are basically zero or 1 crankset that is officialy a 55mm chainline crankset, what kind of cranksets do you run on your ARCs?
Since Sram DUB Boost cranksets are mostly 52 chainline.

thanks

I've got XT FX-M8120 cranks en route and will pair them with a wolftooth chainring with 3mm offset. I'll report back when they arrive but I think that will achieve the correct chainline. I've heard that sram cranks + 0mm offset ring also works, as you stated. Absolute black makes a pretty killer looking 0mm chainring

Posted: Dec 17, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
What effect will running a 52mm chainline have on the drivetrain?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024134
Mobile Version of Website