HELP NEEDED! WHAT 29'er tire compounds? gravel or light XC?

PB Forum :: 29ers
HELP NEEDED! WHAT 29'er tire compounds? gravel or light XC?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 20:02 Quote
I am looking for a super light/ durable set of 29'er tire compounds.

Use will be 33% Trail/XC use, 33% gravel use, 33% road use, 1% storage Razz

Rims are a set of We Are One revive (25 mm internal width) so it gives me the option of 38c and up or 2.1-2.35. Bike is a Ibis Tranny and Ive seen anywhere between 2.0 - 2.35 tires on it. Idk how it would fare with gravel tires.

I don't know the crossover point of the gravel measurements and MTB tires. Is it 45c ?

Ive been looking at Maxxis recon Race, and Maxxis Aspen, I was briefly looking at some weights at r2-bike and Maxxis Aspen silkworn is only 530 g!! The continental Race King is even lighter !!

Does anyone have any experience with both? Id prefer longevity over dampening for a reasonable weight if possible.
Are gravel tires that much lighter? I cant imagine!

Please let me know what would be your go too, or if I am looking in completely the wrong place haha

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 7:33 Quote
Kenda small block 8, durable as hell, last forever, good enough traction, fast rolling, light. Cheap!

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
I'm running Ardent Race Speedgrip on my XC hardtail which I use for road/gravel/trail. I've considered Recon for a front and Icon for a rear but the Ardent seems to fit the bill at both ends of the spectrum so I've stuck with them. 2.2 on 23mm rims so 2.35 on 25mm will do fine. You're moving in the right direction with a race profile.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
Mountainfrog,

Is it the Exo Compound with added protection? Have you had any tears or blowouts?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009355
Mobile Version of Website