New Norco Owner! Questions on the new bike!

PB Forum :: Norco
New Norco Owner! Questions on the new bike!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 5:37 Quote
Hello, I just purchased a new Norco Fluid HT 2. Ive been itching to put a hard tail in the stable and the Fluid HT 2 seemed like a good fit. I went to the local bike shop and they informed me they would not be receiving any of the HT 1, so I had to settle for the HT2, which I'm not upset about as this gives me the ability to upgrade things as I see fit.

First thing I am wanting to upgrade is the drive train, I'm leaning towards the SRAM NX line as the base deore stuff shifts like a potato. Under the factory specs it states that the rear hub on this bike is 12x148, so that's boost spacing correct? It says the front hub is boost, but it doesn't say that for the rear, the specs simply state that the front is 15x110 Boost and the rear is 12x148 but it doesn't say anything about boost, so that means I have boost spacing, just doesn't come with a boost hub/wheel. So does this mean I should be looking for the boost version of the NX sram stuff, or go with the non boost version?

Next up, the front fork, it comes with some SR Suntour fork that leaves a lot to be desired, are X-Fusion good to go? Might be looking in to the Sweep line for that.

These may be dumb questions, but I come from specialized land where I have been sheltered by proprietary parts and sizes and now I'm having to relearn what's on this new bike.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Ive included a link to the specs of the bike also.

http://https://www.norco.com/bikes/2021/mountain/trail/fluid-ht/fluid-ht-2/

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 7:03 Quote
Personally I'd be changing the forks and putting some better brakes on it, IMO Deore is pretty great but it's up to youSmile

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
T4THH wrote:
Personally I'd be changing the forks and putting some better brakes on it, IMO Deore is pretty great but it's up to youSmile

Fork will definitely be upgraded, I know SunTour offers a upgrade program which gives a pretty good discount, but not sure of the quality on even their higher end stuff.

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 7:12 Quote
llumley wrote:
T4THH wrote:

Fork will definitely be upgraded, I know SunTour offers a upgrade program which gives a pretty good discount, but not sure of the quality on even their higher end stuff.

A lot of glowing reviews from people on Pinkbike, I can't personally speak on it tho

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008024
Mobile Version of Website