2021 patrol date???

PB Forum :: Transition
2021 patrol date???
Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 11:08 Quote
ollieg17 wrote:
I heard TR were getting Friday shops today. Either way will probably still be waiting an age. Lost the excitement now

I was told the 9th... hopefully any day now anyway...

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 6:09 Quote
Built mine up yesterday. Weighed the frame when I had it all apart. XL, with headset, axle, and cable housing (wasnt about to reroute it for some weights) was about 10.5lb w/ shock, 9.5lb without. She's a big girl.

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
Built mine up yesterday. Weighed the frame when I had it all apart. XL, with headset, axle, and cable housing (wasnt about to reroute it for some weights) was about 10.5lb w/ shock, 9.5lb without. She's a big girl.

Jesus. Thats more than a commercial!
Thanks for weighing :-)

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 14:49 Quote
rich-2000 wrote:
gramboh wrote:
budodave wrote:
Has anyone weighed their patrol? I’m curious of the different weights of the builds and sizes.

large XT build in raw aluminum weighed 36.1lbs stock build without pedals by my bike shop on their Park Tool scale. I've swapped bar, grips, tires and saddle but will weigh mine as built to see, gonna guess 37-37.5lbs (DoubleDown tires).

Do you think the frame is to blame? I’ve got fox 36 already and do’t see the need for 38s for a 160mm travel bike, so that should save a pound.

I’ve got 190mm zebs on another bike and can feel the difference at 190 but 160 seems a bit overkill when 36 were fine up until a year ago...

As the other dude who weighed the frame showed, yeah it's the frame that's the cause of the weight. Could certainly drop a few pounds going with a 36, maybe EXO+ casing tires depending where you ride, carbon cranks/bars and maybe carbon wheels depending what set? I'm 215lbs so I appreciate the 38 and personally need to run DD+ tires where I ride.

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 17:54 Quote
For reference though, my XL frame is only about .5lbs heavier than my previous gen LG alloy patrol. So yeah, it's heavy, but not significantly more than the previous one.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 3:52 Quote
Another 6 weeks for the raws ive heard from Brink....

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 6:31 Quote
ollieg17 wrote:

My lbs said they’re arriving this afternoon :-)
Once confirmed I’ll let you know details as he did have spares last time I chatted to him

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Gonna prep the parts for the build tonight.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 18:54 Quote
Built mine and got a couple of good rides in on it.
I love it.
I built it up with almost all of the parts from my 2019 Patrol, including the 27.5" wheel and fork. Just raised the front end up to 180mm. Was initially concerned about BB height, but pretty quickly got use to it. I'm no stranger to technical climbs on low bikes... Even threw it in low mode to really test it out, but will probably live in high mode most of the time.
By my calculations, running 180mm Zeb 27.5 front makes the Low position angles about the same as the high stock angles, just with an extra low BB.
Super fun bike though, Had no trouble getting use to it and pushing hard right out of the gate.
My XL with Coil shock/fork, rimpact inserts in both tires, DD rear tire and no carbon in sight came out to about 38lbs. About the same as my previous patrol.
2021 Patrol XL 27.5 F R 180mm Zeb Coil F R 38lbs

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 1:49 Quote
rich-2000 wrote:
ollieg17 wrote:

My lbs said they’re arriving this afternoon :-)
Once confirmed I’ll let you know details as he did have spares last time I chatted to him

Being delivered today

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 6:08 Quote
ollieg17 wrote:

Its arrived

That looks lovely!

I've got an XL GX build on order that should be ready in the next few days but it's taken so long to come that i've kinda fallen out of love with MTB now. Tempted to go back to motorcycle enduro for similar cost and less effort (i'm getting old!)

Would love to see more pics as you build it up.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 22:26 Quote
Just got mine today and started building it up. Should be able to test ride it tomorrow.

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/21324815/

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 0:42 Quote
Had been 50 50ing between a patrol and a spire. Went to bike shop yesterday to have a chat and order a medium gx spire. They only blooming had a medium gx patrol delivered that day. Goodbye spire.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 2:09 Quote
bobby309er wrote:
Had been 50 50ing between a patrol and a spire. Went to bike shop yesterday to have a chat and order a medium gx spire. They only blooming had a medium gx patrol delivered that day. Goodbye spire.

I considered spire but no frames in stock untl march 22

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007175
Mobile Version of Website