xt drive 12spd drivetrain
one up etc lite
one up pedals
one up 210 dropper (190 )
one up chain device
Santa Cruz reserve wheels
Agassi / dissector maxxis tyres
fidlock water bottle

What’s the length of your dropper from clamp to top of post? My 150 is way too short and Idk what length oneup I’d need

I managed to fit a 210 mm dropper (shimmed down to 19o mm ) slammed , gives me loads of room , im 5'6" with short inside leg, 710mm centre bb to seat top , a 180mm would be ideal for anyone but they're very hard to get hold off atm

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 15:10 Quote
JamesKROZ wrote:
scblurlt wrote:

medium alu frame raw
ZEB ultimate 160mm fork
fox shock
one up bars
saint brakes
ergon grips
Chromag seat
one up etc lite
one up pedals
one up chain device
fidlock water bottle

What’s the length of your dropper from clamp to top of post? My 150 is way too short and Idk what length oneup I’d need

Also debating this, I’ve bought a 170mm reverb but wondering if I can go longer, only thing is I like to be able to slam the post for days out pushing up/uplifting

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 15:17 Quote
justjake wrote:
JamesKROZ wrote:
scblurlt wrote:

medium alu frame raw
ZEB ultimate 160mm fork
fox shock
one up bars
saint brakes
ergon grips
Chromag seat
one up etc lite
one up pedals
one up chain device
fidlock water bottle

Also debating this, I’ve bought a 170mm reverb but wondering if I can go longer, only thing is I like to be able to slam the post for days out pushing up/uplifting

I can slam my 150 pretty much all the way down and it’s got a fairly big insertion length. My current post is currently about 260mm total so I could definitely do with more

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 0:07 Quote
60mm of post showing when fully down

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
I run a 150 on a large. First ride today and its too short slammed. 180 be better

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 12:34 Quote
My large came with a 180mm. I’m 5’10 with 30 inseam and I’ve got a couple inches of post sticking out, could fit a 210 but honestly a 180 is fine for me… I used to ride a 150 and the 180 is perfect, never in the way. I think the 165mm cranks and low seatpost stack make a difference on these bikes, allowing people to run more drop.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 16:02 Quote
I installed a Matte kit on my Patrol and it's perfect - barely noticeable on the raw frame and it's already save me from a few faint chips/scratches. The folks at RideWrap took some shots of it after installation I'll attach them below!

rich-2000 wrote:
gramboh wrote:
Anyone run RideWrap/Invisiframe on a raw aluminum Patrol/Spire? Curious to see pics.

Yea I’m wondering if Matt finish would look better...

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 7:29 Quote
Mine showed up almost two weeks early. Threw together a Franken-build and got it out for a first ride last night. This bike is fun.

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
Finally arrived today. Colour swap ended up being great as it matches the land rover.

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 16:21 Quote
Just got this thing in the mail and covered it with ride wrap. Size large, XT build.

First note - There was some damage to box and the lower legs of the fork from shipping (purely cosmetic, but still aggravating none the less). Currently in the claim process with Bike Flights, does anybody have experience with them? Are they generally good about taking responsibility for this type of situation?

Ride wrap matte finish looks incredible! It matches the Raw Aluminum finish of the bike better than I could have hoped for.

First ride impressions: I only had time for a small loop on the trail behind my house, so this is preliminary. That being said, I am already super impressed. I had a large v1 Sentinel and loved it, but felt that it could have used a more supportive suspension platform and that the handling in corners could have been more responsive. The Patrol feels like everything good about the Sentinel minus the negative aspects. It's more stable in a straight line, but manages to be more fun in the corners. Obviously there is more travel out back, but still it feels much more supportive through the mid-stroke. Really confidence inspiring. The suspension on the Sentinel left me wanting more quite frequently; I don't think I'll be having the same issue on the Patrol. I'll have to watch my climbing times but it definitely feels more efficient than the Sentinel, and there is less visible pedal bob while looking at the shock. Overall this bike encourages more goofing-off but still feels more capable. I'll give an update after riding for a few weeks, but right now I'm really happy with it!!

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 14:43 Quote

Pretty stoked to get this built up. Size large coming off a Sentinel V2

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 15:12 Quote
Allantod wrote:

Looks sick! I wish the alloy Sentinel was raw aluminum like the Patrol. Why the change from the Sentinel anyway?

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 15:22 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Allantod wrote:

Looks sick! I wish the alloy Sentinel was raw aluminum like the Patrol. Why the change from the Sentinel anyway?

Sentinel is a great bike but was keen to try the mullet. I ride steep tech mostly and only really pedal up fire roads so thinking the mullet will be sick. I may put a duel crown on it for the bike park

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
Little update/first impressions:

I've had 8-9 rides on mine so far, and, since there's very little info out on the interwebs about this bike, thought I'd throw my impressions out there. Mine's a weird Franken-build, I bought the Deore and then stripped almost all the parts to build up a Sentinel for my partner with. So it's got stock tires, a 180 mm 29" Zeb, Microshift drivetrain, Saint brakes, and a 62.5 mm X2 that's probably delivering 165 ish mm of rear travel.

With the fork bumped up to 180 mm, and the 29" front wheel, and the bike in the "low" position I'm measuring a 335 mm static BB, and 62.5ish head tube angle. BB height is right between the stock "high" and "low" positions.

I own a Spur, and I had a current S4 Enduro up until July. The Patrol, how I have it set up, feels "quicker" than the Enduro did. It's snappy, it accelerates well out of turns, and I find myself hopping and pumping more on it. I'm not sure if it's actually faster yet, conditions have been weird, and I'm still figuring out the Zeb and Float X2. But, on descents, it's already in touch/faster than the times I put down on the Enduro, and I feel like I have a lot more line options, I can get up onto high lines easier, and get weirder in tight corners with multiple lines than I did on my last bike. And that feeling grows the steeper it gets. On mellower tech trails it doesn't feel that different from the Enduro, but the steeper and meaner it gets, the more it shines through as making me more confident and giving me more options to mess around. The Enduro wanted to plow, so far, this bike dances better.

I really prefer how it jumps to the Enduro. It's really poppy, and I'm not getting rear tire buzz, or the weird nose dive feeling I got occasionally with the Enduro.

I'm most surprised by how well it pedals and handles mellow, more rolling terrain. The Enduro always felt like it was more fun on mellow rides than any 170 mm bike had a right to be, but the Patrol is right up there with it. I still never want to ride XC on it, I have the Spur for that, but I've already been seeking out the longest climbs and descents in my area, and really appreciate how planted and efficient it feels on long grinds.

Cons so far are few and far between: I'm already losing some paint, I didn't put any protective tape on and am not surprised. It's not light, I notice that getting it on and off the rack, but it rides lighter than it feels. Something is loud on the back end. I think the Microshift drivetrain is giving me more chain slap than I'm used to, and the chain stay protector is definitely louder and less padded than the enduro's. I've got an STFU system in the mail to play with. Finally, I probably oughta bump down to a 30T chainring, since Microshift doesn't quite give me the decadent climbing gear I've become accustomed to.

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 16:37 Quote
Allantod wrote:

Let us know how that shock feels on the bike. Definitely no.1 choice if I go for a coil

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013789
Mobile Version of Website