2021 patrol date???

PB Forum :: Transition
2021 patrol date???
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 16:46 Quote
JamesKROZ wrote:
Allantod wrote:

Pretty stoked to get this built up. Size large coming off a Sentinel V2

Let us know how that shock feels on the bike. Definitely no.1 choice if I go for a coil

The Cane Creek Kitsuma Coil is pretty GD good and is half the price. I've really enjoyed mine. But yeah, the Push is nice.

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 17:28 Quote
mastashake wrote:
JamesKROZ wrote:
Allantod wrote:

Pretty stoked to get this built up. Size large coming off a Sentinel V2

Let us know how that shock feels on the bike. Definitely no.1 choice if I go for a coil

The Cane Creek Kitsuma Coil is pretty GD good and is half the price. I've really enjoyed mine. But yeah, the Push is nice.

It's a EXT Storia. They're not quite as much $ as a push, after factoring spring cost (because they're included with the Storia) it's only about 250-300$ more than a Kitsuma. And I have a hard time believing that the Kitsuma or any off the shelf shock would even hold a candle to a custom tuned shock.
I have had 5 different Cane Creek shocks over the years (x2 DB Airs, an Inline, an Inline coil, and a Kitsuma coil) and none of them were anywhere close to my custom tuned Avy shocks. And I expect an EXT to be of similar or better performance than the Avy's

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
Yo, really looking at the new patrol (as well as the spire and new trek slash). I'm just under 5'10" with fairly long 34" inseam and coming off a m/l 2019 slash with a tiny reach by today's standards. How are similarly sized people finding the medium or large sizes ride?

Biggest problem with the patrol is the sizing for a guy my size.

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
I’m 5-9 with a six foot wingspan and wear 32 in inseam pants. I’m riding the medium and loving it. Coming from a large Norco Sight, the medium Patrol feels twice as quick, way poppier, and so much more fun in corners. I pedaled a large Patrol in the parking lot and it felt very similar to the Sight. I’d say that if you’re going for all out speed in straight lines, the large will suit you; if you want to get sideways and scratch the deep itch in corners, the medium is the way to go. I’ve been converted back to “smaller” bikes (the current Patrol is bigger than larges of yesteryear).

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 15:00 Quote
ryksgoesoutside wrote:
Yo, really looking at the new patrol (as well as the spire and new trek slash). I'm just under 5'10" with fairly long 34" inseam and coming off a m/l 2019 slash with a tiny reach by today's standards. How are similarly sized people finding the medium or large sizes ride?

I'm 5'10" with stupid long limbs and I actually landed on an XL. But my sizing seems to not be the norm. The large seated cockpit just felt way too short with the steep STA, but I like the feeling of a long reach on descending.
*Experiences may vary

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
ryksgoesoutside wrote:

I'm 5'10" with stupid long limbs and I actually landed on an XL. But my sizing seems to not be the norm. The large seated cockpit just felt way too short with the steep STA, but I like the feeling of a long reach on descending.
*Experiences may vary

I tested out a medium, just a parking lot pedal, and I felt way over the back tire, but the large reach seems a bit bigger, and I think I'd lose some of the characteristics I want with the really long wheel base and reach.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 0:15 Quote
ryksgoesoutside wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
ryksgoesoutside wrote:

*Experiences may vary

I tested out a medium, just a parking lot pedal, and I felt way over the back tire, but the large reach seems a bit bigger, and I think I'd lose some of the characteristics I want with the really long wheel base and reach.

I'm 5'10 with shorter legs/long torso (31.5" measured inseam for road bike fit) and ended up with a large Patrol. As Buggyr says, the steep STA makes the bike feel short for seated pedaling, for me on a medium I am sitting bolt upright whereas large is comfortable, but my long torso impacts that a lot. For descending, it doesn't feel like a super long 480mm reach sled to me, I think the 40mm stem (previous bike 465mm reach 50mm stem) impacts that, shorter offset fork etc.

The bike feels awesome descending anything rough, fast, jumps/drops, cornering etc. I will say I notice it feels big/heavy on technical climbing, tight switchbacks climbing and awkward janky corners descending. I ride mostly on the shore and Squamish/Whistler. Old school janky shore trails with awkward setups to corners where you are track standing/hopping to fix mistakes are hard on this bike compared to my older shorter/lighter/steeper head tube trail bike, but anything at speed and steeps are so much more confidence inspiring on this thing that I will take the trade-off.

@Allantod also curious for your thoughts on the EXT Storia. Eyeing that for an upgrade next year depending how I can get the X2 feeling.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 0:56 Quote
ryksgoesoutside wrote:

Im 5'10 had a M/L Remedy and gone for a large patrol and feels perfect. Is hefty to climb

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 1:24 Quote
First Ride

Got my Medium XT Patrol today. Took it straight out for it's first ride after an initial suspension set up. Only a short after work ride. First time riding Fox suspension so it will take a little to dial in the suspension I think, however straight out of the box on recommended settings felt pretty damn good... I have come off a 2015 Scout, so this was my first long and slack bike with increased reach. I rode a medium scout beforehand as well. I am 5 ft 9 (174cm) with relatively short legs at only 30" inseam, with a long torso and the medium felt right at home straight away, and the longer reach definitely allowed me to feel "in" the bike, a feeling I hadn't felt before apart from on demo rides so that was awesome. The bike is very confidence inspiring pointing it downhill in any direction. I find it jumps easier than my older scout did, and I found myself even hitting a bigger jump today than I had on my scout to date. Too early to state about the advantages or disadvantages of the mullet set up, however I felt like i did get noticably more roll over from the 29 up front.

Climbing surprised me, while the Patrol is definitely a heavier and burlier build than the scout, (which had carbon wheels and faster rolling tyres) i felt it climbed just as well at my cruisey pace. The seating position is actually more comfy than the scout which felt like it outweighed the extra weight. I found myself going a surprisingly quick pace up the climbs, however that might have been the adrenaline from riding my first new bike in 5 years.

All in all pretty damn stoked, and I think it is one of the nicest looking bikes around. Really digging the raw.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
Collecting my Patrol GX in a couple of weeks from my LBS. Does anyone know how many tokens the Zeb comes with by stock from transition?

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
sorryiamtheboss wrote:
Collecting my Patrol GX in a couple of weeks from my LBS. Does anyone know how many tokens the Zeb comes with by stock from transition?

Got the Large and came with 2 in the Zeb

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 9:47 Quote
simowill wrote:
sorryiamtheboss wrote:

Got the Large and came with 2 in the Zeb

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. Picking mine up tomorrow!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006742
Mobile Version of Website