2021 patrol date???

PB Forum :: Transition
2021 patrol date???
Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 17:31 Quote
JamesKROZ wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:
how does the new patrol ride with a coil shock?

I don't know any other way, but IMO it rides great with a coil. With or without a CC link.
Which coil did you go for?

I've got an Avy tuned Marzocchi Bomber CR

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 10:48 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:

I'm running a DVO Jade Coil and it's feels great. I thought I would hate coil as it's my first but it's great. Charges over everything and I can still jump.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 1:56 Quote
budodave wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:

I'm running a DVO Jade Coil and it's feels great. I thought I would hate coil as it's my first but it's great. Charges over everything and I can still jump.

Do you all think there is any need to have a progressive coil? I've never had coil before.

I like the X2 on my 2022 Levo and the Patrol, as air shocks go the X2 feels reasonably linier (at least I have mine setup that way as I don't like the bike like a pogo stick), seems to sit in its travel and keep the wheel glued but theres enough ramp up at the end of the shock to easily pop over jumps. Not sure if that's just the frame's progressivity or just that the X2 works so well

My Patrol's X2 is out for warranty as it was choppy as hell, so was my Levo's until it also had a rebuild under warranty although thats becoming choppy again after about 20 hours of use. So I was thinking of going down the coil route for both bikes.

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 4:27 Quote
Hi any of you have tried the new patrol with full 27'5 wheels and maybe a 180mm fork?

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 4:17 Quote
Has anyone gone 170mm out back yet?

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 5:28 Quote
no not yet but i will do it, gonna write here how i like it
Mike172 wrote:

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
Mike172 wrote:

That's the only way I rode it before I got the CC link.
It rode great, but I never rode it at 160mm so I can't really compare.

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 1:52 Quote
I reckon I'll get the CC link and increase the fork travel to 170mm too. CC link seems to be a more sensible option that a new shock. Only slight gripe is that the stock Zeb has the travel/sag indicators on the stanchions for 150mm/160mm so when i increase the travel I won't get that benefit

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 2:08 Quote
What's the deal with the CC (Cascade?) link? Is it actually a big improvement?

Surely its ok to take the X2's travel spacer out and just use stock linkage?

Ill have a few more rides at 160mm stock before I do anything. I quite liked how it rode on trails, didn't seem to be a pig to pedal around.

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 2:48 Quote
Mike172 wrote:

Ill have a few more rides at 160mm stock before I do anything. I quite liked how it rode on trails, didn't seem to be a pig to pedal around.
so the x2 shock with 60mm stroke can be changed to a 65mm stroke??

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 7:48 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
Mike172 wrote:

so the x2 shock with 60mm stroke can be changed to a 65mm stroke??

far as i am aware yes. need a 9mm shaft clamp to do it or have a shop do it

Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
2nd Ride out with a freshly rebuilt X2.

Really happy with the bike. Definitely want to try a 170mm fork so ill rob the one from my Levo, honestly don't think the 38s work as well as they can at 160mm

Handling wise its everything I wanted and more, not sure Ill bother with 170mm out back after all

Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 11:22 Quote
I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but I'm looking for frame sizing input. I'm 5'9" (really 5'8" and 1/2) and have been riding medium sized bikes. Currently on a 21 SJ Evo S3 with 450mm reach. The patrol will be purpose built park bike and shuttle day bike. Will run a coil for sure and step up the travel to 170/170, maybe a cc link in the future. I have learned with 29ers that I prefer to size down to maintain more playfullness, but the Patrol being a mullet I wonder if sizing up to a Large would give it the stability and maintain playfulness. Anyone my size on a Large?

Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
kingch24 wrote:
I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but I'm looking for frame sizing input. I'm 5'9" (really 5'8" and 1/2) and have been riding medium sized bikes. Currently on a 21 SJ Evo S3 with 450mm reach. The patrol will be purpose built park bike and shuttle day bike. Will run a coil for sure and step up the travel to 170/170, maybe a cc link in the future. I have learned with 29ers that I prefer to size down to maintain more playfullness, but the Patrol being a mullet I wonder if sizing up to a Large would give it the stability and maintain playfulness. Anyone my size on a Large?

I'm your size and went from a size large Norco Sight (which is significantly bigger than the medium Patrol) and sized down to a medium Patrol--best choice I've made with my money. You would lose the benefits of the small rear wheel by upsizing, in my opinion. The fun of the Patrol is that it can smash everything in sight while remaining playful. If you went bigger, the wheelbase would be huge and the front wheel would feel a mile out in front of you. At least, that's how it felt when I hopped on a size large.

Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 12:28 Quote
Lando406 wrote:
kingch24 wrote:

I'm your size and went from a size large Norco Sight (which is significantly bigger than the medium Patrol) and sized down to a medium Patrol--best choice I've made with my money. You would lose the benefits of the small rear wheel by upsizing, in my opinion. The fun of the Patrol is that it can smash everything in sight while remaining playful. If you went bigger, the wheelbase would be huge and the front wheel would feel a mile out in front of you. At least, that's how it felt when I hopped on a size large.

Good points and this is my way of thinking typically. Only reason I’m considering a large is I have my Evo as my playful trail bike and the Patrol is replacing my demo 8 dh bike. It will see more bike park laps than anything else.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007503
Mobile Version of Website