2021 patrol date???

PB Forum :: Transition
2021 patrol date???
Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 10:44 Quote
Mike172 wrote:
I felt like that with my X2 when it was at 160mm, removing the travel spacer to 170mm made it feel a lot better. Genuinely felt like the shock was being restricted or something

Putting the new RS Coil on it has changed that completely and now in love with the bike.
Guessing you’ve had a bit more time on that shock now, what would you say are the biggest differences vs the X2?

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 14:27 Quote
Looks like the TR team is having fun in BC.
Transition BC Bike Race frame grab

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 1:52 Quote
JamesKROZ wrote:
Mike172 wrote:
I felt like that with my X2 when it was at 160mm, removing the travel spacer to 170mm made it feel a lot better. Genuinely felt like the shock was being restricted or something

Putting the new RS Coil on it has changed that completely and now in love with the bike.
Guessing you’ve had a bit more time on that shock now, what would you say are the biggest differences vs the X2?

Read my previous posts

Sits higher in its travel (X2 sinks well into its travel in my opinion)
Which also means it has a steeper head angle when riding which is nice given how slack it is (mines 170mm up front) so a more responsive bike
Feels WAY better to pedal around and get moving ("anti squat" feels massively better, I couldn't ask it to be any better)
Way better small bump
Ramps up nicely at the end of the stroke
Way better traction out back
No knocking/Rattling from that X2
The ne RS coil is so tunable you can have poppy and playful or can make it like the X2 and have it soak up chunder

Its that good I am thinking about getting one for my Levo too

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 1:57 Quote
Mike172 wrote:
JamesKROZ wrote:
Mike172 wrote:

Read my previous posts

Sits higher in its travel (X2 sinks well into its travel in my opinion)
Which also means it has a steeper head angle when riding which is nice given how slack it is (mines 170mm up front) so a more responsive bike
Feels WAY better to pedal around and get moving ("anti squat" feels massively better, I couldn't ask it to be any better)
Way better small bump
Ramps up nicely at the end of the stroke
Way better traction out back
No knocking/Rattling from that X2
The ne RS coil is so tunable you can have poppy and playful or can make it like the X2 and have it soak up chunder

Its that good I am thinking about getting one for my Levo too

Interesting. I do wonder if going for a coil and upping front and back to 170mm could be my answer.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 19:10 Quote
mjscyclery wrote:
Watch this space.

Oooo carbon Patrol?? They're up to something tomorrow Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 20:01 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
mjscyclery wrote:
Watch this space.

Oooo carbon Patrol?? They're up to something tomorrow Big Grin Big Grin

You take the good
You take the bad
You take them both and there you have the facts of life

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 20:06 Quote
It's on transition website now......

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 20:22 Quote
Well played Transition, 3lbs lighter than the alloy version too, nice.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 15:41 Quote
Not a weight weenie but 3lbs is a lot, I think my alloy Patrol is 38lbs with pedals (haven't weighed, but 38/X2, DD casing tires, Time clipless pedals). Thought maybe I'd consider a frame swap but $5,100CAD for the frame and it comes with another X2 I would have to deal with haha.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 15:58 Quote
Frames are available to pre-order through dealers. This will probably not last as I suspect there are a very limited number of frames available.

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 7:24 Quote
I am interested in the new Patrol as my next bike. I think the 27.5 rear wheel will hold up to me being a larger rider (250lbs) better than a 29 inch rear wheel. Am I wrong?

Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 4:47 Quote
sorryiamtheboss wrote:
Just posted this on the SC forum but figured i'd copy it here to see if it resonated with anyone else. Maybe I'm being dense, could well be that:

"I got a transition patrol GX build last year. I really enjoy the mullet aspect and I have put down my fastest times on some of my favourite trails. However I am not convinced I really get on with it.

I don't know suspension set up well enough to describe in technical terms what I mean here, but I find the rear end really firm and not very responsive. It's like I don't know what it's doing when I'm descending. When I get to the bottom of a trail I can see via the o-ring that I have used the right amount of travel but I don't feel I get that satisfying feeling of sinking into the travel on a big impact and it almost always feels too harsh despite me setting the shock up to recommended settings and playing around further. I really feel braking bumps or repeated big hits - I figure this is the desired outcome of their suspension platform but I don't think it's necessarily for me.

I had a go on a Bronson a while back and seem to remember it feeling responsive and supple. However I didn't feel the urge to swap because I do like the slacker head angle of the Patrol. Now that the Nomad is here with a similar head angle and a longer wheelbase I am wondering if this could be a good option for me. I'll try and demo one but am interested to know if anyone understands where I'm coming from and whether this swap could make sense? Bonus being that I could do a straight swap of parts - I'd just have to increase the Zeb's travel by 10mm"

OK time for an update. I took the Patrol to my trails and really messed around with the suspension. I ended up running 3 more clicks of rebound (making it quicker) in the shock and a bit less LSC and voila. Turns out it was packing down and I was intepreting that as too much rebound/not supple. Feel pretty stupid. I then reduced the amount of air in the fork (wayyy below recommended pressure) and the whole thing felt balanced and f*cking good.

So tldr; I had a fundamental misunderstanding of what the issue was and by taking time to understand it more - I have saved myself a lot of money

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 12:59 Quote
Anyone got ETA on new patrol carbon? My LBS is thinking maybe December for fames and spring for full builds. Does this sound right?

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 12:27 Quote
patrol at fort william

Had a great day at Fort William on saturday. first time on full squish! this thing just rips.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008028
Mobile Version of Website