2021 patrol date???

PB Forum :: Transition
2021 patrol date???
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
mastashake wrote:
gramboh wrote:
mastashake wrote:

Without knowing the inner workings of TR, based on how this years orders went they knew what their production capacity would be and had dealers order in May everything we would possibly want. They took ALL the orders into account, determined what they could fill and what they could not then let us know what we would get and when. I'll say that some of my pre order bikes are coming as late as 2022. Earliest August 2021. I suspect the factory gave them a hard date to place an order which was why we had to do the same.

Moving forward I would suggest to all following that when a dealer says "get an order in by XXX" that you do it because the old way of bikes rolling in from time to time is never going to happen again. Welcome to the post covid bike world kids.

Yep this all makes sense, and doesn't sound like frame manufacturer's want to rapidly scale up production capacity from what could be a temporary spike in demand (or is mountain biking going to sustainably grow at a rapid pace? Who knows).

The other thing I wonder about for ETA's on the bikes is build kits, guessing the big players like Shimano/Fox/SRAM etc. are able to provide accurate forecasts to OEMs buying relatively large quantities of stuff.

Yep on parts. We are a Marin dealer also. Several of the bikes planned for 2021/22 have basically been killed due to lack or parts to build them.

You can bet S, T, and G are getting their stuff though.

Even bike manufacturers can't get their hands on materials to build bikes. Sheesh, that rough.

I've heard that many frame manufacturers in Taiwan/Korea/China who lease their factory equipment and space to build frames for North American/European brands aren't willing to invest in new equipment and factory space as they see the massive increase in bike demand to be a short-term Covid trend rather than a long-lasting one. Time will tell if this is the right call. I honestly can't see the supply/demand issue resolving itself for the 2022 calendar year at this rate. Hopefully this doesn't become the new normal post-covid.

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
mastashake wrote:
hukriede wrote:
mastashake wrote:

There is no secret info. The info we have is what is on the website. As stated before if you want one get an order in ASAP and be patient. Wish I had more for you.

Just wondering that's all. I had mine pre ordered May 22nd.

Without knowing the inner workings of TR, based on how this years orders went they knew what their production capacity would be and had dealers order in May everything we would possibly want. They took ALL the orders into account, determined what they could fill and what they could not then let us know what we would get and when. I'll say that some of my pre order bikes are coming as late as 2022. Earliest August 2021. I suspect the factory gave them a hard date to place an order which was why we had to do the same.

Moving forward I would suggest to all following that when a dealer says "get an order in by XXX" that you do it because the old way of bikes rolling in from time to time is never going to happen again. Welcome to the post covid bike world kids.

Just got word that my carbon Spire frame will be a August 2021 delivery. Sounds like August and October are the delivery dates for 2021 at least at my LBS.

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 16:57 Quote
Venturebikes wrote:
mastashake wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Yep this all makes sense, and doesn't sound like frame manufacturer's want to rapidly scale up production capacity from what could be a temporary spike in demand (or is mountain biking going to sustainably grow at a rapid pace? Who knows).

The other thing I wonder about for ETA's on the bikes is build kits, guessing the big players like Shimano/Fox/SRAM etc. are able to provide accurate forecasts to OEMs buying relatively large quantities of stuff.

Yep on parts. We are a Marin dealer also. Several of the bikes planned for 2021/22 have basically been killed due to lack or parts to build them.

You can bet S, T, and G are getting their stuff though.

Even bike manufacturers can't get their hands on materials to build bikes. Sheesh, that rough.

I've heard that many frame manufacturers in Taiwan/Korea/China who lease their factory equipment and space to build frames for North American/European brands aren't willing to invest in new equipment and factory space as they see the massive increase in bike demand to be a short-term Covid trend rather than a long-lasting one. Time will tell if this is the right call. I honestly can't see the supply/demand issue resolving itself for the 2022 calendar year at this rate. Hopefully this doesn't become the new normal post-covid.

I have a feeling they are right re: the demand spike will not be sustained, despite how the fun the sport is. The cost, risk of injury and required proximity (or requirement to travel) to ride trails limits demand growth at some level. Life will be back to normal soon and sure many people will get to keep working from home but some won't and riding time will be reduced. Does seem like it will be well into 2022 before supply chain stuff is normalized.

The one upside of this is I am less worried about being able to sell my used 2019 bike for an absurd price in August-October when my Patrol arrives. Sucks for used buyers but it is what it is.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 12:56 Quote
snagged a raw patrol medium frame last week , due 4-6 weeks , hectic few days sourcing fork , brakes and drivetrain etc, takes some sorting but got all the bits now for a class build

zeb ultimate 160 mm
saint brakes
one up dropper , bar , stem and pedals
ergon grips
reserve wheels with i9 hydra hubs
maxxis tyres

after the recent success mulleting my v4 nomad ready for dh duty , cant wait to get this built up

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
scblurlt wrote:
snagged a raw patrol medium frame last week , due 4-6 weeks , hectic few days sourcing fork , brakes and drivetrain etc, takes some sorting but got all the bits now for a class build

zeb ultimate 160 mm
saint brakes
one up dropper , bar , stem and pedals
ergon grips
reserve wheels with i9 hydra hubs
maxxis tyres

after the recent success mulleting my v4 nomad ready for dh duty , cant wait to get this built up

Same! I’ve got a large raw patrol frame coming which was pre-ordered by dealer way before release, and that should be with me mid-end July :-)

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006447
Mobile Version of Website