Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
Posted: Apr 18, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
CamShreds wrote:
photo

Testing out the seat bag fit - Shrew from Revelate to match the Hopper. I don't think it will rub but I can always avoid slamming the seat down if needed. Ready for summer Big Grin

Hey, nice build. I see you're running a Valt spring on your inline? I have the same shock on my Murmur but running their progressive spring but was thinking of trying the non-progressive. How do you like it? Not many bottom outs I assume?

Posted: Apr 18, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
Lotusoperandi wrote:
CamShreds wrote:

Testing out the seat bag fit - Shrew from Revelate to match the Hopper. I don't think it will rub but I can always avoid slamming the seat down if needed. Ready for summer Big Grin

Hey, nice build. I see you're running a Valt spring on your inline? I have the same shock on my Murmur but running their progressive spring but was thinking of trying the non-progressive. How do you like it? Not many bottom outs I assume?

I like it just fine! Granted I've only been on it one season, I haven't noticed any bottom out. I'm a pretty light guy, usually around 180lbs. I think that helps. I've been curious about trying progressive myself but probably won't try it anytime soon.

Posted: Apr 19, 2022 at 1:31 Quote
I've just had the pleasure of re-installing my chain guide. I haven't been running it for a few months as I stripped the original gold anno aluminium bolt and have been running a Wolftooth stainless ring which hasn't dropped a chain. But after dropping a chain the other night I thought it best to re-install.

What a PITA (assuming you don't take the rear end off) - allow at least half an hour and a lot of swearing while you try and hold the nut in place with what ever tool you can find that fits. I ended up using a slightly longer set screw than the original which let me rotate the chain guide while holding the nut in place.

This job would be super easy with the rear end off which I will do next time.

Posted: Apr 19, 2022 at 5:19 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
I've just had the pleasure of re-installing my chain guide. I haven't been running it for a few months as I stripped the original gold anno aluminium bolt and have been running a Wolftooth stainless ring which hasn't dropped a chain. But after dropping a chain the other night I thought it best to re-install.

What a PITA (assuming you don't take the rear end off) - allow at least half an hour and a lot of swearing while you try and hold the nut in place with what ever tool you can find that fits. I ended up using a slightly longer set screw than the original which let me rotate the chain guide while holding the nut in place.

I know exactly what you mean. That nut is so difficult to hold in place so you can thread the bolt in.

Posted: Apr 19, 2022 at 6:40 Quote
CamShreds wrote:
fartymarty wrote:

I know exactly what you mean. That nut is so difficult to hold in place so you can thread the bolt in.

It's a horrible design! I used to use a t handle hex to hold it from the other side, but it was always extremely irritating.

Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 0:31 Quote
Does anyone have any experience with raw frames like -
photo
i'm tempted to try on my Murmur. Worst case I get it sprayed again.

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 5:29 Quote
Hi all,

I thought I'd post my swoop up as a shameless promotion for a friend who has manufactured a custom bottle mount for my large swoop frame.

He's recently set up a small web shop selling custom 3D printed solutions for bikes that have issues such as poorly thought out bottle mounts.

www.cyclesolvers.co.uk

Have a look and would be awesome if you made a purchase to support a good friend of mine.

Paul

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 5:31 Quote
paul-adam-osully wrote:
Hi all,

I thought I'd post my swoop up as a shameless promotion for a friend who has manufactured a custom bottle mount for my large swoop frame.

He's recently set up a small web shop selling custom 3D printed solutions for bikes that have issues such as poorly thought out bottle mounts.

www.cyclesolvers.co.uk

Have a look and would be awesome if you made a purchase to support a good friend of mine.

Paul

I think you forgot to post the pic of your bike!

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 5:36 Quote
CamShreds wrote:
paul-adam-osully wrote:
Hi all,

www.cyclesolvers.co.uk

Paul

I think you forgot to post the pic of your bike!

Damn thats tidy. I've just asked if it fits a Murmur.

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 7:23 Quote
Just realised, don't know how to post pictures.

There are a few pictures of my swoop on the link in my previous post of you are that interested

Paul

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 8:04 Quote
Go into the photo and copy the image number. Then click the Insert PB image and paste the image number.

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 10:18 Quote
paul-adam-osully wrote:
Hi all,

www.cyclesolvers.co.uk

Paul

I've been charting with Jim (cycle solvers) and he's developing a mount for the Murmur. I will probably pick one up once he's finished the design.

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 11:41 Quote
Good stuff,

Jim is a top bloke I'm sure he can sort you out.

Still can't put pictures if my swoop up.

Paul

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015424
Mobile Version of Website