Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 0:16 Quote
CamShreds wrote:
I assumed that might be an issue with an already low stance bike. My technique has improved a ton since owning my Murmur but I don't know that I'd want to drop my BB any lower.

I noticed this when I changed fork travel from 160 to 140 but don't notice it anymore. Shorter cranks would do the trick. I'm on 175s so have lotsa room to shorten.

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
I finally got my Twist and I love it. I've had it a few weeks now and I have nothing but good things to say. It's by far the most unique feeling bike I've ever been on, and I'm looking forward to lots of years with it.

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 23:58 Quote
Resprayed and rebuilt.

Complete with Cycle Solvers bottle mount.

Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 7:00 Quote
That looks rad farty. What bars are those? Tons of rise.

Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
Thanks, I wasn't sure on the red at first but it's growing on me. I would probably prefer it a bit darker like the Stylus Red. Maybe next rebuild time it will get a bit darker.

They're Ergotec 12 degree 70mm rise bars that I've polished.

Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 10:42 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
Thanks, I wasn't sure on the red at first but it's growing on me. I would probably prefer it a bit darker like the Stylus Red. Maybe next rebuild time it will get a bit darker.

They're Ergotec 12 degree 70mm rise bars that I've polished.

It looks good. I might play with bars like that on the unit at some point

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 8:13 Quote
It's finally done! My starling murmur build.

Got the new my23 lyrik and the previous gen deluxe on the rear that i picked on pb buy/sell. Its a MM tune thats blowing through the travel so I'm going to put the ohlins coil back on with probably a progressive spring.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 10:39 Quote
Very nice.

I'm running an Öhlins with a CC Valt spring m. I thought about a progressive spring but the Ö has a massive bottom out bumper it rarely bottoms harshly.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 17:26 Quote
Ooooof that green on green is choice!

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 20:07 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
Very nice.

I'm running an Öhlins with a CC Valt spring m. I thought about a progressive spring but the Ö has a massive bottom out bumper it rarely bottoms harshly.
I might consider that too, I saw your older builds you did the megneg, did that help?

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 23:17 Quote
The Megneg is way better than without. It's worth it for the price. The Öhlins is way better tho. So much grip.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 22:59 Quote
Anyone running a shimano bottom bracket? If so, how many spacers are you using? My murmur came with 1 fitted on the drive side but the cranks (Deore) seem like they’re too long for only one spacer.. not sure what else it would be.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 23:31 Quote
presdo wrote:
Anyone running a shimano bottom bracket? If so, how many spacers are you using? My murmur came with 1 fitted on the drive side but the cranks (Deore) seem like they’re too long for only one spacer.. not sure what else it would be.

I'm running 2 drive side and 1 non drive side.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 10:34 Quote
misterha wrote:
presdo wrote:

I'm running 2 drive side and 1 non drive side.

Cool, thanks for checking for me! Does the chainguide still work with two spacers on the drive side?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008646
Mobile Version of Website