Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2022 at 5:15 Quote
Got it. Yeah that is what I was thinking. I am super excited to try the EXT. I have read through this entire thread and the murmur seems like quite a unique frame as well!

Posted: Oct 8, 2022 at 15:03 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
@ajfkelso have you put your Murmur on the scales?

Ditto anyone else. Not that it really matters. I'm just interested how light you can build a Murmur.

34 lbs with a decent amount of caked on mud and an almost empty water bottle. Prob 33 stripped down. Heavier than I thought tbh. Could reasonably get down to 30-31 range with some higher-end tires and saddle, which I'll do at some point

Other component changes (ie. full air, carbon components), can see getting to 27-28 for Murmur Trail. Curious if anyone below that here and what the build looks like.

Posted: Oct 8, 2022 at 16:56 Quote
I don't know what the lower limit is, but I bet I'm pretty close to the upper limit for a short travel Murmur. lol

Posted: Oct 9, 2022 at 0:09 Quote
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
I don't know what the lower limit is, but I bet I'm pretty close to the upper limit for a short travel Murmur. lol

Mine is definitely on the other end of the spectrum - spec copy from NSMB article "The Weight Is Over" -

I've just measured my XL Murmur - 41.8lb with the following build:

Ohlins coils both ends, 511 rims on Hopes, 2.3 tough Vigis (no inserts and about 60ml of sealant per tyre), Zee cranks and calipers, XT levers, shifter and chain, Saint BB and mech, 180mm PNW dropper, Hope HS and seat post clamp, Chromag Trailstar LTD and Ranger stem, Ergotec 50x12 bars, Burgtec Composite pedals, Shimano 11-42 10 speed cassette, Wolftooth stainless 32t chainring. RRP mudguard (front), 44 designs bash guard, Funn top guide and STFU trail guide, B-Rad tool bag (full including 60ml bottle of Stans), 750mm waterbottle on SKS cage.

Posted: Oct 20, 2022 at 10:03 Quote
I snagged another Revelate bag on REI for like half price today. Slowly building up to a "bikepacking" rig one day, as I really want to try an overnighter or two. I'd have to drive to Southern Indiana to get to any good routes, but it really sounds like an adventure. Anyone else use their Murmur for anything like this?

Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 10:48 Quote
For other US customers, was your Starling delivered via USPS? Trying to figure out where my frame is now. It appears to be local based on the Parcelforce tracking information, but my post office hasn't seen it.

Pics to follow once it's delivered and built! Hoping to get some late season riding in before the snow flies.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 11:15 Quote
maximumunicorn wrote:
For other US customers, was your Starling delivered via USPS? Trying to figure out where my frame is now. It appears to be local based on the Parcelforce tracking information, but my post office hasn't seen it.

Pics to follow once it's delivered and built! Hoping to get some late season riding in before the snow flies.

Don't make me nervous. My frame is also in the hands of Parcelforce.

Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 14:11 Quote
trioofchaos wrote:

Don't make me nervous. My frame is also in the hands of Parcelforce.

Well it was delivered today by USPS despite still being listed as “for pickup at depot” and my local post office having no knowledge of it, so I guess just trust the process! Going to try to find time to put it together before the weekend!

Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 23:38 Quote
max - im always more than happy to see frame piccys

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 7:10 Quote
A little late to the conversation, but yes, my frame was delivered by USPS. Well, I missed them trying to deliver it a couple times and had to pick it up at the post office, but six of one, half dozen of the other.

And while I'm here

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 10:39 Quote
Got it put together last night and hoping that trails around here are open this weekend for some shakedown rides!

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 12:03 Quote
That mouse stuffie is tight!

Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 2:00 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
That mouse stuffie is tight!

and the stainless front triangle is the business.

Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
Haha, that mouse has been riding with me longer than most of the components I own.

And the stainless front triangle is amazing. Was super happy to take advantage of favorable exchange rates and nab something that was in stock at the same time! Trails are drying out today, so aiming for a maiden ride this weekend.

Posted: Oct 29, 2022 at 9:00 Quote
Looking forward to seeing some shots of it in the wild!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014504
Mobile Version of Website