Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
Posted: Apr 26, 2023 at 11:08 Quote
averagerug wrote:
Anybody got photos of a Large swoop build? Want to see how the frame looks in a large, as you know many larger frames can look kinda horrible compared to S or M ones.

I don't have a pic of one, but I can say that I think my XL Murmur looks great for a "big bike".

Posted: Apr 27, 2023 at 0:06 Quote
CamShreds wrote:
averagerug wrote:
Anybody got photos of a Large swoop build? Want to see how the frame looks in a large, as you know many larger frames can look kinda horrible compared to S or M ones.

I don't have a pic of one, but I can say that I think my XL Murmur looks great for a "big bike".

My Murmur is an XL and it's a great "big bike" for a trail bike.

Posted: May 7, 2023 at 18:37 Quote
Put a rockyshocky air springy thingy on it. 210x50 so I am at about 130/130 front and rear me thinks. Super fun. Definitely changed its character to a playful poppy trail bike. Really liking the feeling.

photo

O+
Posted: May 7, 2023 at 22:26 Quote
Any non-UK people had problems receiving their frames? I bought a BBE a bit over a year ago, had a hell of a time getting it through customs and ended up having to pay much more than comparably priced frames I've bought previously. Next I ordered a Murmur V3 in November last year and i still haven't seen it yet. Aparrently it's been in customs for over a month now but I've never heard anything from them.
I had a Curtis frame posted to me in Australia about the same time as the Murmur and I had it in my hands within a week.

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 6:48 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Put a rockyshocky air springy thingy on it. 210x50 so I am at about 130/130 front and rear me thinks. Super fun. Definitely changed its character to a playful poppy trail bike. Really liking the feeling.

photo

That looks so good with the gum walls. I'm about to "Darco" my Murmur - 150F 120R after the UK Starling meet up next weekend. Will try and get some piccys.

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 7:20 Quote
What shock size are you going to slap in for 120? Thats what I am going for to an extent but it will be a “sorta” Darko any way you slice it not being able to get that hta and sta where it sits. I put angle finder on the 130/130 and its calling it 65’ hta and 76.5 sta. With offset bushings i could get it to 64 but the sta will never be at 78.

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 11:38 Quote
I use my 55 stroke shock cranked up to 300psi and stuffed with tokens. It gets 115-120mm travel.

Yeah HA wont be as slack altho will measure once I get it done. Maybe with the.seat slammed forward it will get close.

Angle set may get you close.

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 12:47 Quote
Angle-set is an interesting idea. I tell you what the 210x50 shock is great. Cranked up the rebound speed and she’s poppy poppers. Pedal factor definitely awesome too.

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 13:38 Quote
A Starling or four...
A Starling or four...

Posted: May 23, 2023 at 12:34 Quote
Hello Everyone,
2 things!
1) anyone here having trouble fitting a large water bottle on a size M Murmur?
2) How do we ask Joe to make a comprehensive setup guide for the adjustable shock mount?

From what I read about people digging into this matter, I assume Joe may think any shock mount instruction could be a bit of a can of worms for him. When you take into account all the different shock lengths, shock strokes, and shock mount positions, how many combinations could you get? does sound like a can of worms...

I still think all this info could be clearly represented in a chart which tells you rear suspension travel and main geo numbers for each feasible or advisable shock configuration.

Or at least if starling provided
1) the amount of travel you get for a given shock stroke,
2) a shock mount position/eye-to-eye length to achieve a baseline geometry,

This could give people a good starting point to try things on their own. Besides, now the adjustable shock mounts come in all starlings, so all owners would benefit from this.

Posted: May 23, 2023 at 19:06 Quote
matarratas wrote:
1) anyone here having trouble fitting a large water bottle on a size M Murmur?

My M murmur uses an adjustable mount King Cage. I ended up running it as far back on the bosses in order to fit standard large bottles, and that setup clears an Ohlins TTX easily. Works well for me.

This is the one I have: https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/bottle-cages/products/morse-cage-stainless-steel. King has another model with a single rearward mount.

There could be other options out there that also bias the cage/bottle back on the frame, and side-entry probably helps too. Looking at my setup I don't see a large bottle fitting when using a standard cage.

Posted: May 23, 2023 at 23:31 Quote
I'm using a https://www.cyclesolvers.co.uk/ on my XL. Fits a full size bottle. You may struggle on a M tho.

Shock mounts... it's a can of worms alright. I'm glad I have a fixed mount as it's just another variable with more potential to get wrong than right.

Posted: May 24, 2023 at 9:49 Quote
Thanks for the replies. I will look for adjustable side-entry cages. I dont think top-entry will ever work, no matter how adjustable the cage may be.

For the adjustable shock, I'd take it again any day. It depends on who you are. It's like the people who are in between fame sizes, some will see it as a disadvantages, but it can also be seen as simply having more options. I believe Options are good.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2023 at 13:18 Quote
Okay here we go.

Here's my Murmur V3 in Midnight Blue

My Starling Murmur V3 hlins Vorsprung Intend Onyx Trickstuff Chris King BikeYoke PNW Enve SDG Pictures made by Yuishots find him on instagram

Öhlins RXF36m.2 with custom lowers in official Öhlins yellow with custom decals by Invisiframe. We made an exact copy of the original decals with a small wink to the factory stuff.
Vorsprung smashpot installed at 160mm
Öhlins TTX22m.2
Intend stem, topcap, headset (revolutionary bit of kit, highly recommended), crankset, brake discs and seatpost clamp
Chris King lower headset and bottom bracket
Enve handlebar
SDG Belair with carbon rails
X01 mechanical groupset
Trickstuff Direttissima
PNW grips and dropper lever
BikeYoke Revive 2.0 213mm
Maxxis dh casing tires
Onyx racing hubs laced with Sapim on DT XM481

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013564
Mobile Version of Website