Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 4:58 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Got my fork feeling pretty awesome now. On the advice of J-Tech, I have gone from a 450lbs linear spring to a 500lbs progressive spring. Will be testing it out this weekend.

Sounds good.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
Would love to try a coil eventually. Finally took my bike out to some blue trails to shakedown and the bike just wanted to fly down those trails. It is one capable and stable ride

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 4:47 Quote
photo

Low quality pic, but I got the Turbine cranks and WolfTooth ring on there. Had to get the RF BB for the larger spindle.. Also, finally picked up a bash guard from Funn (not shown). Really eager to take this thing to North Carolina.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 5:55 Quote
Anyone riding a 30T on their starling? I have a 34T and just ordered a 30T. Was wondering how it rides with that small of a ring.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 7:53 Quote
I had a 32T (31-34) oval and found it quite bobby.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
fartymarty wrote:

Yeah I usually love ovals (got one on my gravel bike) but I figured an oval wouldn't be too great for an FS bike. I have a 34T and it feels pretty great climbing wise an didn't feel much bob at all. I did feel like I ran out of gears on some steeper climbs (34/51) so Im hoping the 30T keeps the same characteristics of the 34T

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 23:44 Quote
ssantana wrote:
fartymarty wrote:

Yeah I usually love ovals (got one on my gravel bike) but I figured an oval wouldn't be too great for an FS bike. I have a 34T and it feels pretty great climbing wise an didn't feel much bob at all. I did feel like I ran out of gears on some steeper climbs (34/51) so Im hoping the 30T keeps the same characteristics of the 34T

34t sounds interesting. 32t sits just below the pivot. What's everyone else running?

Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 4:01 Quote
ssantana wrote:
fartymarty wrote:

FWIW I run a 32 oval on my Murmur and it works absolutely fine.

Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 10:13 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
ssantana wrote:
fartymarty wrote:

What brand? Can't remember which one I had and it was 2 years ago... maybe time to try again (altho I've just put a Wolftooth stainless ring on which will hopefully last forever)

Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 12:56 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
ssantana wrote:
fartymarty wrote:

34t sounds interesting. 32t sits just below the pivot. What's everyone else running?

well that is interesting... Ill see how the 30 turns out. Maybe I will even do an A/B on some of my normal climbs once it comes in

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 1:34 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
ssantana wrote:

What brand? Can't remember which one I had and it was 2 years ago... maybe time to try again (altho I've just put a Wolftooth stainless ring on which will hopefully last forever)

It's an Absolute Black. To be honest, I don't even notice it's not round! It's very quiet and it never drops a chain, so doing it's job well.

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
Decided to throw a 27.5 rear wheel onto the Murmur, since I killed my rear tyre last weekend anyway. No idea whether it'll be good/bad/indifferent, but interested to try, especially as it's mullet-mania at the minute.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 6:18 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Decided to throw a 27.5 rear wheel onto the Murmur, since I killed my rear tyre last weekend anyway. No idea whether it'll be good/bad/indifferent, but interested to try, especially as it's mullet-mania at the minute.

Nice, I'm interested to hear how you like it.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 6:35 Quote
CamShreds wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

Nice, I'm interested to hear how you like it.

Ditto. What length cranks are you running?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.064931
Mobile Version of Website