Whistler Bike Park not opening?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Whistler Bike Park not opening?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 14, 2021 at 7:54 Quote
So whats this rumour I keep hearing about the park not opening this year???

It makes no senses to me, they managed to open last year but the rumours are saying its no longer financially viable for Vail, they've lost too much revenue in 2020, they dont have the staff to open safely....any of this true?Theyve already canceled Crankworx which is a little odd to me...Several different ways for them to run the show safely, why make the call so early?Cry

Im about the pull the trigger on a new DH and would very much like to have a confirmation on that

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 17:31 Quote
Seems pretty strange. I would think they would have a killer year. Mammoth Mountain already has 2021 bike passes on sale.

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 19:12 Quote
last I heard Canada is closed to American Tourists because of the virus. my guess is the volume of americans is what paid the bills.

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 0:29 Quote
This would suck... and I say this mostly because I don't want the added traffic locally.

where is the rumour mill coming from?

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
shwinn8 wrote:
last I heard Canada is closed to American Tourists because of the virus. my guess is the volume of americans is what paid the bills.
Have you ever been to Whistler? I would agree that the volume of foreigners pays the bills. But Americans hardly made up the largest percentage of visitors. And if they are significant percentage of visitors, a lot will be day trippers from Washington State. Not exactly a big revenue source compared with someone coming out for a week from the UK.

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 8:02 Quote
Would this be the time of the year that bike park crew gets hired in Whistler?

When Vail decided to leave Keystone closed for 2020, it became apparent around mid-May. Because no summer bike-related jobs ever got posted.

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
2021 Whistler Bike Park Tickets

The Whistler Mountain Bike Park is currently closed but will reopen for the summer season. For other activity options, see our summer activity listings, speak with a Travel Consultant at 1.800. 944.7853 or email reservations@whistler.com.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 20:06 Quote
Opening day May 21. Pass prices are on the website now. Extended play back on.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004844
Mobile Version of Website