Trickstuff Maxima Brakes - Users/Buyers Guide

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Trickstuff Maxima Brakes - Users/Buyers Guide
Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 4:12 Quote
Cheers.
I didn't think there would be a cause-effect on this.
Probably need to put more attention when tightening bolts!!
Thanks!

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 7:54 Quote
Does anybody know where (if) I could get some 730 Power pads in the UK?
I'm only able to find them in the Continent, and well....it's not as easy as it used to be.....
Cheers!

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 8:47 Quote
As far as I know, they're out of stock everywhere ... I've swtiched to the standard, and while there's a small loss of power, it's not bad at all and they last a LOT longer. So when they're back in stock, I will still buy a few sets for places where I would want a bit more power, but I'll ride the standard the rest of the time.

edit : noticed they were in stock on r2-bike, finally! They're not shipping to the UK ?
Might be worth sending Trickstuff a message, in case they have a distributor over there

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
As far as I know, they're out of stock everywhere ... I've swtiched to the standard, and while there's a small loss of power, it's not bad at all and they last a LOT longer. So when they're back in stock, I will still buy a few sets for places where I would want a bit more power, but I'll ride the standard the rest of the time.

edit : noticed they were in stock on r2-bike, finally! They're not shipping to the UK ?
Might be worth sending Trickstuff a message, in case they have a distributor over there
Thanks for the heads up. I've just ordered a few pairs of them.
Also 2 pairs of LessBrake pads to give them a try.

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 14:16 Quote
For people in the UK who ordered these from TS direct, how did you do it? Obviously the website is mostly in German which makes life a bit harder, but I cant even see a place to make any order or get on the list?
Will this happen at some point do you know?
This new restructure with DT Swiss is taking quite a while...
Assume you have to use these brakes with their own rotors (assume thicker than normal) and a Shimano 203 would not work (or work as well) for example?

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 14:24 Quote
They’ve stopped taking orders at the moment. Only way to get them new is from the German shops that placed orders a couple of years ago that are now starting to be fulfilled.

I’m using 2.25mm intend rotors on a couple of sets, but some 2mm (iirc) on another, so wouldn’t worry too much about that

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 1:09 Quote
I'm using them with Intend rotors with no issues.

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 6:01 Quote
This new restructure is taking so long! Surely Covid also slowed it down, but still, this company seems to be ran by people who are simply not bothered! I understand the product looks very good and might be the best and because of that it takes time, but again, surely not THAT much time…it’s Germany, these people are supposed to be the most efficient!? The fact they don’t even do an I-spec EV adaptor is a bit lazy imo! If they ever open the order book, I’m in…2 years should give me enough time to save the pennies!?

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 6:14 Quote
Set up stock reminders with the German online retailers, and if you get a notification, bite their arm off.

Or pay RRP plus a fair bit on eBay.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 7:31 Quote
Hi all,
I’m the lucky owner of a new set of Direttissima’s. I’ve wanted them for years, expect to own them for years, unlike some of my bikes. Great forum all very informational.

So quick question, I need to install these on an internally routed evil wreckoning. If I cut the cable and follow their cable laying procedure do I still have to following their full bleed instructions after or can I trim it and be done?

Thanks all.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 10:58 Quote
tonybah wrote:
Hi all,
I’m the lucky owner of a new set of Direttissima’s. I’ve wanted them for years, expect to own them for years, unlike some of my bikes. Great forum all very informational.

So quick question, I need to install these on an internally routed evil wreckoning. If I cut the cable and follow their cable laying procedure do I still have to following their full bleed instructions after or can I trim it and be done?

Thanks all.

You will need to bleed them.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 14:42 Quote
Thanks, found the same in their manual after reading the fine print. Thank you.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 22:53 Quote
Wow…if you had to ask that question, you don’t deserve those brakes!? Lol

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 4:23 Quote
Hi. According to Trickstuff, you can do it without needing to bleed the brake:

https://trickstuff.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/160510_Bremsleitung-im-Rahmen-verlegen_CK_KL.pdf

I could not find the manual in English but Google can give you a decent enough translation.
Personally, I would still bleed them. But you might want to give this method a go, and tell us how it worked!

Enjoy your new brakes. They are just amazing.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
@bitelio Thank you for your very helpful answer. I’ve found both answers telling me you need to do a full bleed every time but then I found the same “cable laying” procedure, using the syringe to top of each end of the cable and fitting before reassembling. I’m going to do the trim and full bleed to be safe, I was just trying to save a few minutes so I can ride.

@gbcarmona are you serious?!?!? That is a very rude comment to someone you don’t know. I could give you a hard time about your venting and silly questions about how to purchase brakes. That took me a whole 2 minutes of figure out, where and how to buy them, even with the ERP restricting, with my own hard earned money. So beat it tool.

Thanks again for the help @bitelio!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009581
Mobile Version of Website