Bike parks open in April in Europe

PB Forum :: Downhill
Bike parks open in April in Europe
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 17, 2021 at 4:05 Quote
Good Morning,

I am quite new to the bike park scene and I was wondering if there are any bike parks with chair/gondola lifts open in April in Europe (preferably Austria, Italy, Spain, SWI, France, etc). I have researched quite a few but they seem to only open around June/July!

Cheers

Posted: Mar 17, 2021 at 4:44 Quote
Thats really early. Dolomiti bikepark only open one lift then. https://www.dolomitipaganellabike.com/en/trails-and-lifts

Bikeparks here in Austria start in Mai mostly like Leogang, Brandnertal. Depending on the parks they sometimes first only open the weekends. Only exception I can think of is Schöckl Trail Area in Graz. And Maribor seems to run when there is no snow.

But most parks that are shuttle operated are open: there are some in Spain. And for example Liguria area around Finale Ligure.

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 16:01 Quote
Kranjska Gora in Slowenia is among the first to officially open i believe. Been there few years ago and remember it being really early in the season and actually the first park within reaosnable driving distance to open its doors.. That said, with the current situation i am not sure there will be any super early openings. Most seem to be only speculating about opening times at this point in time, as most governments are not committed to any fixed date for opening up any tourism destinations yet.

Posted: Mar 21, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
I usually go to Métabief in france in the beginning of the season. Nothing crazy but they do have some fun trails. But they also open only in the beginning of may and even then only on the weekends.

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 2:36 Quote
Schöckl opened this weekend and they have been working on adding jump line and some features I see online. But from my location (Innsbruck) it is almost as close as Finale Ligure....

But as I don't need to cross borders for it, I might go there a weekend. Unless the borders to Italy open again....

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 3:42 Quote
EVO Bike park is open weekends- Digne Les Baines, SW France

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 3:46 Quote
Considering the COVID situation in Europe, I really doubt that any bikepark will open in France in April or even May.

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 3:51 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
Considering the COVID situation in Europe, I really doubt that any bikepark will open in France in April or even May.
I don't know about France, but in Austria the lifts are running. Just very difficult to use as a foreigner while you need quarantine but all hotels and campings are closed. But for locals no issues (besides testing and mask...)

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 10:06 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
I don't know about France, but in Austria the lifts are running. Just very difficult to use as a foreigner while you need quarantine but all hotels and campings are closed. But for locals no issues (besides testing and mask...)

Yes Austria is fine, had several business trips to Innsbruck and Tirol the last few month
Switzerland is also no problem and I know someone who was in Finale, Italy a few weeks ago.

If Doppelmayr doesn´t get us to the top we have to use some "E-" on our bikes.

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
Dyfi bike park! April 22nd ????

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
Not really Europe is it...... Wink

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 11:43 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
Not really Europe is it...... Wink
Oh, yeah forgot. Ex-Europe!

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
Dont worry guys. Britain is still on the European continent.

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 8:08 Quote
Finale Ligure!

Although I saw that MTB Beds did not operate this spring, maybe the local uplifts are still running?

Evo bike park?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006247
Mobile Version of Website