Riders with V1 sentinel and cascade components link

PB Forum :: Transition
Riders with V1 sentinel and cascade components link
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 6:28 Quote
My Sentinel came with a .8 volume spacer in it. I am not sure if I should put a smaller one in because the link has higher progression. I have the fox dpx2 performance. I way 175 with riding gear. What are you guys running for volume spacers with the cascade link?

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 11:19 Quote
s3ntin3l wrote:
My Sentinel came with a .8 volume spacer in it. I am not sure if I should put a smaller one in because the link has higher progression. I have the fox dpx2 performance. I way 175 with riding gear. What are you guys running for volume spacers with the cascade link?

What did you end up doing?
I'm using the 0.6 spacer and it's working great.
Never tried the 0.8 w/ the cc link, don't feel it's necessary for me.
I've lost a little weight, may try out the 0.4 just for fun.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
I had a .8, but wasn't using all the travel. I ended up going to a .6 and upped my pressure to around 215-220. I also removed a travel reducer, so now my shock has a 60mm stroke. It's been working great.

Posted: May 30, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
I just got the cascade link for a V1 Sentinel, running the stock shock DPX2. I was thinking of going coil before a rebuild but am now thinking I won't bother, it improves the bike so much! I really notice it on the sidetrail hits, jumps and most noticeable is in the berms. It is so much more supportive when you really load the suspension. 195lbs with 205 PSI and still not using all of the travel. I might put a smaller volume token in there. I am getting .it serviced at Vorsprung next week and was going to stroke the shock to 62.5. Does anyone have experience with this? I always thought the bike needed a bit more travel and I think it'll be perfect with 158mm. It'll be a bruiser then. Sea to Sky rider, mostly N.Van

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
I have 152mm travel in the back. I would test for any clearance issues before riding the bike. I probably have between 1/4 and 3/8” of clearance between seat stay and frame, and that is with a 60mm stroke shock. Not sure I would have enough clearance for a 62.5mm.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 23:40 Quote
s3ntin3l wrote:
I have 152mm travel in the back. I would test for any clearance issues before riding the bike. I probably have between 1/4 and 3/8” of clearance between seat stay and frame, and that is with a 60mm stroke shock. Not sure I would have enough clearance for a 62.5mm.

Thanks. After riding it on my home trails I think I have decided to just stroke it to 60mm. It'll prevent any potential issues and keep the bike balanced. I couldn't believe it today, I was hitting stuff that I have only hit on a DH bike and it was so composed. This is an absolute no brainer for anyone looking to seriously upgrade a V1 Sentinel. The bike is totally transformed. I'd imagine that Transition rode one of the earlier bikes with the link and made the changes to the V2 Sentinel along the same lines. It's hard to describe but so much better. The rear wheel just knows when to get out of the way now, its far less affected by square edge bumps and just rolls over high frequency root sections. It enters corners in a totally calm manner and is no longer upset or thrown off line by midcorner bumps. It's nice and supple on landings and generally has less nervous behaviour and to top it all off it allows you to pump small features and maintain speed much better. Another 6mm travel will make a big difference.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
mastadon wrote:
195lbs with 205 PSI and still not using all of the travel. I might put a smaller volume token in there.

What size volume spacer are you using right now?

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 15:47 Quote
I went from a .8 to a .6.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 20:34 Quote
solar-evolution wrote:
mastadon wrote:
195lbs with 205 PSI and still not using all of the travel. I might put a smaller volume token in there.

What size volume spacer are you using right now?

.8

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
Do you think if you ran a shock with a really short or without a piggy back/ oil reservoir you could run a 65mm stroke shock or do you think the seat stay hitting the seat tube would become a concern, or maybe something else?

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 20:08 Quote
Can you add a bigger stroke on an alu or just the carbon? I have a xxl alu v1

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 10:24 Quote
grellis wrote:
Can you add a bigger stroke on an alu or just the carbon? I have a xxl alu v1

I think it is just the carbon that allows for a stroke change (according to the CC website).

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
Has anyone been able to fit one of the new fox float X shocks with the bigger reservoir on their bike? I want to purchase a new shock and I am interested in either the new fox float X or the Bomber air shock. I am worried that the reservoir will hit my frame. I have a large V1 carbon sentinel with the cascade link and a 60mm stroke shock.

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006824
Mobile Version of Website