Mudguard on 36 vs 38

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Mudguard on 36 vs 38
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 10:14 Quote
I am struggling with understanding why my Fox Mudguard doesn't fit the same between my 36 and my 38 forks (both are 2021). On the 38 it fits tight and snug both up against the back of the arch and up against the underside of the arch. On my 36, neither is the case and dirty water and mud are packing up around my seals and back of arch.

Fox service has told me they should be fitting exactly the same on both but as you can see in my pics that is just not true.

I finally was able to buy a second mudguard so I didn't have to keep swapping back and forth but it is the same.

I ran the codes and both forks are indeed 2021 models which the guard is supposed to fit both.

In the pics below the red shows the underside gap, and on the other pic, the light shows the gap when everything is attached snug via the screws and against the bleeder posts.

Anyone else have a 2021 36 with mudguard?

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 19:05 Quote
It does the same on my 2021 36.
Do you hear any rattling coming from the guard?
I will take it off to see if the rattling stops.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 22:26 Quote
Yes I get a rattle on hard landings. I have bought a third fender and it is the same poor fit as the others. Fox keeps telling me no one else is having this issue but every 36 I have put the fenders on don’t fit. I really believe that this is made for the 38 and it “kinda” fits the 36 so Fox markets it both both.

I just was at another shop today and a fender they had only fits right on a 38, on the 36 it does not fit right.

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
I did put à small piece female velcro between thé guard and the fork. Works well

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 23:35 Quote
I can see that working. I could also close the gap with some silicone that dries like hard rubber. But I want to understand why I am told (and it is marketed that) it fits perfect and no one else is having this issue.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004773
Mobile Version of Website