Anyone A/B the Switchblade Race and Team models?

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
Anyone A/B the Switchblade Race and Team models?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 21, 2021 at 10:13 Quote
Considering getting a Race XO1 then doing a wheel upgrade, but wanted to check on if there's any noticeable difference in the ride between with the Fox Performance vs Factory, more adjustable bits between the two notwithstanding. I'm assuming that the Performance rear shock also has the Switchblade custom tune, is that right?

Thanks!

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 18:43 Quote
As far as the suspension goes the shock will have the custom tune. Are you planning on upgrading the wheels yourself? I don't think Pivot offers the wheel upgrade on Race level builds only the Pro builds.

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
Yep, planning of probably a fresh set of something Al

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 21:58 Quote
I think the shock is the same between the two, Kashima aside (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The factory fork has the better Grip 2 damper, but you can add that yourself for not a ton of money.

I think the two might still feel different due to the carbon cranks and handlebar on the Pro vs aluminum on the Race, but that's all easily upgradeable.

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 21:59 Quote
duplicate post... mod can delete.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 13:25 Quote
performance shock and fork so you only get the lockout lever and rebound adjustment on the shock and the fit grip fork damper.

Wish this build level was spec'd with the performance elite version of both so you could have the full adjustability of the dpx2 with high and low speed rebound and damping as well as the grip 2 damper in the fork but with the black stanchions.

You can always buy the Grip2 and put it into the performance fork and then purchase a new float x, x2, or coil of your choice and sell the dpx2 for a decent return and massive performance upgrade.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 4:39 Quote
FYI my race XT build came with i9 101 hubs on AR30 rims for a small fee increase. Wheels on the base models were something I was going to want to change so this was a great option.

Also float X performance was on the bike with rebound and firm lever.

Would agree PE would have been a great base level option as don’t need or want to pay for shiny metal…

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005492
Mobile Version of Website