Inspired geometry over the years, and compared with other 24" ST bikes

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Inspired geometry over the years, and compared with other 24" ST bikes
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 10:34 Quote
I'm shopping to my first 24" street trials bike, and I'm seeing some nice looking older Inspired frames (2013-2016), and I am wondering what I would be giving up to go with an older one, vs one more recent. Are there important changes in geo or weight, or as a first ST bike would an older 4Play or Skye be a good bet.

Also, for folks who've ridden both or studied the specs carefully, how do bikes like the Because and Echo Czar Neuron compare? Anything to really stay away from?

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
There is not that much difference to be honest.

I had a Mk1 4play, Mk2 4play, Console, Arcade en now on a Mk2 Hex and I enjoyed riding all of them.
As with mountainbikes; the rider makes the biggest difference.

Street trial bikes got shorter CS, steeper HA, higher bars, lower bb and through axles over the years.
Nice little improvements but an older 4play(mk2 and up) or Skye is still a great bike imo.

I don't know much about other brands then Inspired.

Posted: Mar 30, 2021 at 12:55 Quote
Thank you for the useful reply. Very good to know. I ended up buying a Because, mainly because of the price. It's an amazing little bike, that needs some upgraded brakes (now low-end Shimano hydraulic discs). Great getting back on a trials bike!

twenty4chris wrote:
There is not that much difference to be honest.

I had a Mk1 4play, Mk2 4play, Console, Arcade en now on a Mk2 Hex and I enjoyed riding all of them.
As with mountainbikes; the rider makes the biggest difference.

Street trial bikes got shorter CS, steeper HA, higher bars, lower bb and through axles over the years.
Nice little improvements but an older 4play(mk2 and up) or Skye is still a great bike imo.

I don't know much about other brands then Inspired.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 3:02 Quote
I ride an older hex. I think the only geometry change since it was introduced was the stays going from 385 to 380. New hexes have thru axles and a different chain tensioner but that’s not going to effect the ride.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006192
Mobile Version of Website