Kona Process X Thread

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process X Thread
Previous Page |
Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
Just got my hands on one of these bad boys. Super stoked on how it turned out. Beefier than my 153 but man it rides so nice on the downs.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 9:48 Quote
Process X Torque Specs

Might as well leave this here for anyone else who needs the Process X torque specs.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 22:05 Quote
This thing is an absolute weapon. Came off a medium 153 29” and was wondering how the extra length would be and I’ll say it’s better in every way. Not an issue in tight stuff as long as you charge and climbs great for what it is-the steep seat angle makes a big difference. And in steep loose or wet terrain especially at speed it’s straight up silly what you can get away with.

I was especially concerned about cornering as I loved the way the 153 cornered but the X is next level. Holds a line really well and drifts very predictably.

5’-6” on a medium DL, chainstay in the short setting and a megneg. Wouldn’t change a thing, and definitely wouldn’t want a small.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
Yea I am finding the same thing, climbs better than I expected and it is a ton of fun on the downs. It also jumps exceptionally well. My splurge was putting Cush Core in it and man tire inserts do make a difference.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 19:43 Quote
Anybody happen to know how much it weighs?

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 0:05 Quote
TheSpangler wrote:
Yea I am finding the same thing, climbs better than I expected and it is a ton of fun on the downs. It also jumps exceptionally well. My splurge was putting Cush Core in it and man tire inserts do make a difference.

Hey man, what size Process X are you riding, and how tall are you? I'm thinking about getting one and am 5'11 / 180cm with a ape index of +1cm. Kinda spooked by how big it is though, wondering if I'd be better suited downsizing to a medium...

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
Hey man, what size Process X are you riding, and how tall are you? I'm thinking about getting one and am 5'11 / 180cm with a ape index of +1cm. Kinda spooked by how big it is though, wondering if I'd be better suited downsizing to a medium...[/Quote]

Don’t be afraid of the length , all it does is show you that all your previous bikes were too small. At 5-11 get a large for sure. The added reach and wheelbase let you ride in the middle of the bike rather than hanging off the back. This lets you weight the front wheel more effectively in corners and makes it much more predictable when it breaks loose. It’s plenty poppy and playful when set up right and will save your ass when you screw up.

Sure, some Jedi like an EWS pro might be able to take advantage of being able to throw around a smaller bike, but for most mere mortals the added stability of a longer bike more than makes up for it and actually makes it more maneuverable because it allows you to take a lot more chances, whether they are entering a tight corner way faster or jumping a rock garden, and get away with them.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
I rode a large 2018 153 before and I got a medium Process X. I am 5'9 and 165lbs. He would probably want the large being 5'11.

The thing rips its super fun to ride.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
I’m 5’10” on a Large Process X, it feels like it fits just right, maybe a tad too long. But a medium would definitely feel cramped for me, especially while climbing. Another thing to consider is the seat tube length. I’m riding a 210mm dropper and I’ve got about 60mm of exposed seatpost above the collar. If I were to downsize to the medium, that’d be 100mm. For reference, I previously rode a large G2 process 153.

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 21:49 Quote
I can tell you is that this bike feels a lot smaller than what the geometry chart tells. It has a very low standover height and the cockpit has less space than the reach measurement predicts. I’m 182cm (I’ll let you convert the metrics) and this is size large wirh 160mm bikeyoke on the right saddle height.

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 20:21 Quote
Hey, looking for some help here, I was tryna torque my main pivot for the rocker and just rounded the shit out of it, can anybody give me some advice about taking it out, and maybe finding some new bolts.https://photos.app.goo.gl/HbHVXqDPitAaQNzb8

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 22:08 Quote
So the inner bolt is a fixing bolt that’s just meant to keep the actual pivot bolt from working its way loose. It should only be torqued to 4nM. Is it too stripped to back out and replace? The Kona spec chart says it’s a stainless steel M5x35mm bolt.

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
TacosMcGee wrote:
So the inner bolt is a fixing bolt that’s just meant to keep the actual pivot bolt from working its way loose. It should only be torqued to 4nM. Is it too stripped to back out and replace? The Kona spec chart says it’s a stainless steel M5x35mm bolt.
yeah, it's basically rounded, should I try and jam a torx bit in there to try and loosen it.

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 7:42 Quote
Well shit

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mVVupF25wdvJ2ung6

That thing just f*cking came off when I tried to put a zip tie on it

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007673
Mobile Version of Website