50% of misinformed, conspiracy believing Republican males don't plan on getting vaccinated, putting COVID recovery at risk

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
50% of misinformed, conspiracy believing Republican males don't plan on getting vaccinated, putting COVID recovery at risk
Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
FB , conspiracy sites and now Russia today , all very good on facts Wink

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
I get all my fakts for FaktBook

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
You nut jobs being on FB and conspiracy sites all day it’s no wonder you don’t believe anything apart from other nut jobs posting crap !
LONDON— AstraZeneca PLC narrowed losses from its Covid-19 vaccine in the second quarter but its earnings fell below forecast, highlighting the divide between it and rivals, such as Pfizer Inc., that are profiting from their shots.

The British-Swedish drugmaker pledged last year to distribute the shot at no profit during the pandemic. AstraZeneca Chief Executive Pascal Soriot said Thursday the company and its manufacturing partners had released a billion doses of the vaccine for use in more than 170 countries. That included 700 million doses delivered by the end of June.

The vaccine boosted second-quarter revenue by $894 million, but contributed to about $13 million in losses in the quarter, shaving 1 cent off per-share earnings. AstraZeneca had a loss of around $40 million on its Covid-19 vaccine in the first three months of this year.

Shares were roughly flat in London midday.
You're just not smart are you?

Earnings for a quarter have literally zero bearing on overall profit from a product line. $40 mil development and deployment loss in a single quarter is literally nothing. f*cking Tesla has turned a profit only like two quarters of its entire existence.

Bro, just shove your head back up your ass and accept that you have a useless brain.

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 23:40 Quote
Thank you most of all DoublecrownAddict. Thank you to everybody reading this, and thank your friends and family as well. Thank you to all Californians. Thank you voters, and thank you to the wonderful readers of Palmer Report. I am euphoric, and you should be too. We did it folks!

If ever there is a night when you should go to sleep with a smile on your face this is it. You should all feel really proud of yourselves. We outnumber them by a large amount. Goodness outweighs evil in this country .

And tonight, the destiny of California has been altered from possible disaster thanks to beautiful folks like you, who put in the work and made sure this beautiful state that we love so dearly did not fall into the hands of evil.

So, as you go to sleep tonight, with the sounds of jubilation all around you, take a moment to congratulate yourself. Bask in the joy of a very special evening where we showed again what a force for good we all are.

Thank you

California Gov. Newsome

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 2:07 Quote
Keep up the good work you’re doing comrade Wink

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 6:07 Quote
The California recall was essentially a Covid recall. Do we want an anti Vaxxer Republican Gov?

Turns out that's the best way to win an election these days. Just point out how out of their minds the religious, delusion, anti science, anti truth right wing has become because of Trump. Trump created a whole new class of passionate populist political identity. But they are so dumb and unappealing they only appeal to a shrinking die hard base, one that is based on Trump's die hard lying stupidity that is always reflected in his supporters..

Trump still wins elections — for Democrats — and other California recall lessons
President Biden, wearing sunglasses, smiles as he greets Gov. Gavin Newsom at Mather Airport on Monday.
President Biden talks with Gov. Gavin Newsom at Mather Airport east of Sacramento on Monday, as he arrived for a briefing on the state’s wildfires.(Evan Vucci / Associated Press )

BY DAVID LAUTERSENIOR WASHINGTON CORRESPONDENT
SEPT. 15, 2021 4:38 AM PT

WASHINGTON — Let’s get this much out of the way: An off-year recall election in a deep-blue state like California can’t tell us how midterm elections nationwide will turn out more than a year from now.
That doesn’t mean, however, that Gov. Gavin Newsom‘s sweeping victory Tuesday night has no lessons to teach about the state of national politics. Political operatives have paid keen attention to the recall not only because of the high stakes, but because Newsom’s campaign tested themes that Democrats are already using elsewhere.

Those same techniques may not work as well in a less Democratic state, and they hardly negate the problems that Democrats face, both in California and Washington, in turning their ideas into governing policy. But the campaign offered insights that will inform strategies over the next 14 months. Here are three:

Trump still wins elections — for Democrats
“All of you know that last year I got to run against the real Donald Trump,” President Biden said Monday evening, making the sign of the cross as if to ward off an evil spirit as he appeared with Newsom at Long Beach City College.

“Well, this year, this year, the leading Republican running for governor is the closest thing to a Trump clone that I’ve ever seen.”

That pretty much encapsulated the number-one theme of Newsom’s campaign ever since he had the good luck to have talk-show host Larry Elder emerge as the leading Republican candidate against him.

“Trumpism is still on the ballot in California,” Newsom repeatedly told voters.

Newsom is hardly alone in running against the former president.

All three Democrats have placed two related bets: that Trump remains a huge motivating tool for getting core Democratic voters to the polls, and that he also continues to alienate suburban swing voters.

Many Republicans worry about that, too. A recent poll for CNN found that while 63% of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents said they wanted Trump to lead their party, they split closely on whether they felt that having him as their nominee again would be an advantage: 49% said the party would have a better shot with someone else.

Keeping Trump at the center of voter attention can put Republican candidates in a bind — something that both McAuliffe and Murphy have exploited.

If Republican candidates stand firmly with Trump, as Elder did, they run the risk of losing centrist voters. If they criticize the former president, they risk the opposite — attacks from his acolytes, as both Youngkin and Ciattarelli have encountered.

Of the three states voting this fall, California provided the easiest test of an anti-Trump strategy: The former president lost the state by 29 points a year ago.

If the playbook works in November’s two elections for governor, however, especially in Virginia, which remains something of a swing state, expect to see Democrats step up their use of it nationwide. Even in a red state like Texas, running against Trump could help Democrats in some closely contested suburban districts.

That will be especially true if Trump interjects himself into the midterm races, a temptation he likely won’t resist.

After the Great Depression, Democrats successfully ran against President Herbert Hoover for more than a generation. Trump’s utility for his opponents may not last that long, but if this summer’s campaign teaches us anything, it’s that keeping his name figuratively on the ballot hasn’t yet worn out its charms.

The politics of vaccination
A year ago, when Trump was touting Operation Warp Speed’s efforts to develop a coronavirus vaccine, few would have predicted that opposition to vaccinations would have turned into an article of belief for much of his party.

To be sure, many prominent Republicans, notably Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, who suffered from polio as a child, have consistently and strongly urged people to get vaccinated.

Many others, however, have taken an ambiguous, or in some cases hostile, stance.

This week, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis hosted an event at which a speaker, with DeSantis standing nearby, declared that the vaccines could change a person’s RNA, an absurd falsehood the governor made no effort to rebut.

Trump got booed last month in Alabama when he urged a crowd at a rally to get vaccinated. He hasn’t repeated the call since.

In the recall campaign, Elder vowed to repeal California’s mask and vaccine requirements “before I have my first cup of tea.”

Newsom responded with an ad warning that if the recall passed, California could end up with “an anti-vax Republican governor.”

The vast majority of adult Americans — nearly 3 out of 4 — have been vaccinated, so being perceived as anti-vaccines isn’t helpful for a candidate. Republican complaints that they’re not “anti-vax,” just “anti-mandate,” haven’t helped much with voters, a significant majority of whom also favor at least some vaccine mandates.

More than 6 in 10 voters in Tuesday’s recall said they viewed getting vaccinated as a “public health responsibility” with only about one-third viewing it as a matter of “personal choice,” according to the exit poll conducted for the major television news networks. And a similarly large majority viewed Newsom’s COVID-19 policies as either about right or not strict enough, with only about one-third seeing them as too strict.

The recall results were a voter verdict: “Yes to science, yes to vaccines ... yes to ending this pandemic,” Newsom declared after his victory.

A poll this week by Ipsos for the Axios website found that 60% of Americans backed a requirement that federal employees get vaccinated and a rule that companies employing more than 100 people require vaccination or regular testing for their workforces, policies that Biden proposed last week. And 57% said they supported a vaccine requirement at their own workplaces.

But the survey, like others, found a deep partisan rift: 84% of Democrats and 62% of independents, but only 30% of Republicans, supported the mandate for large employers.

Politically, Republicans have backed into a corner on vaccine mandates that resembles the one they occupied four years ago on repealing the Affordable Care Act. Then, as now, their core voters fervently supported a policy that a large majority of the electorate rejected.

Republicans have positioned themselves as the party of personal freedom. In doing so, they’ve allowed Democrats to occupy the ground of protectors of public safety. So long as a large majority of voters feel that the pandemic threatens their health and their children’s, that’s not an even fight.

Polls, frauds and turnout
Partisans often accuse pollsters of having too much influence on elections, accusing surveys of dampening turnout for their side. Most of the time, however, the evidence suggests that polls don’t have such major impact.

This election may be the exception.

In July, a UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies poll done for The Times found that the recall was almost a dead heat among likely voters. The problem, the poll found, was that a large number of Democrats weren’t taking the election seriously.

Newsom’s campaign used that and similar polls to shock Democrats out of their complacency and boost turnout. When the poll surveyed voters again, last week, the numbers had shifted. Democrats were now just as likely as Republicans to say they were enthusiastic about voting. That final poll correctly forecast Tuesday’s result.

Perhaps all those Democratic voters would have tuned into the election eventually without the polls. It’s without question, however, that Democrats used the polling numbers as part of a major, and successful, effort to motivate supporters to vote.

Republicans sometimes seemed to be trying to do just the opposite.

Starting last week, Trump, Elder and other conservative Republicans started making ominous — and baseless — statements about rigged elections and voter fraud, echoing the former president’s false claims about the 2020 presidential vote.

On Monday, Elder’s campaign website had a “Stop Fraud” button prominently on its homepage that linked to a site claiming that “statistical analyses used to detect fraud in elections held in 3rd-world nations (such as Russia, Venezuela, and Iran) have detected fraud in California resulting in Governor Gavin Newsom being reinstated as governor.”

Set aside for the moment the fact that Elder was claiming evidence for a rigged count more than 24 hours before the count even took place. (And give Elder credit for quickly conceding defeat Tuesday night.) But as a political move, telling your supporters that the outcome is rigged against them is hardly a turnout motivator.

In January, Trump’s claims about a rigged election may have depressed turnout in Republican parts of Georgia just enough to allow the victories of Democratic Sens. Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff. If Republicans continue to make claims of fraud central to their political message, they may see more close elections slip away.

Looking ahead past the recall
We’ve been covering all aspects of the recall for weeks, but in the final days, a couple of my colleagues looked down the road at what may be coming next.

If you’re tired of political battles, we’ve got bad news for you. The recall is over, but the next campaign — the 2022 election for governor — is just about to start, Julia Wick, Patrick McGreevy and Anita Chabria reported. Newsom will be running for reelection.

It’s quite possible that Elder will seek to challenge Newsom again, as he hinted during his concession. Jim Rainey looked at Elder’s possible next moves.

As John Myers wrote, the state’s voters might be ready to change the recall system. Voters still want to keep the power to recall officials, written into the state Constitution in 1911, but our poll with the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies suggests they may be open to adopting some changes that would make recalls harder to launch.

Related story:
A California Republican male Trump supporter armed with knives and carrying racist symbols was arrested outside the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee in Washington early on Monday, Sarah Wire and Richard Winton reported. Police identified the man as Donald Craighead, 44, of Oceanside, who has several convictions for a variety of offenses in California and Montana. The man claimed Donald Trump was his motivation.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 6:24 Quote
ELECTION FRAUD!!!!!!

One can only hope when the inevitable asteroid hits that Ground Zero is CA Wink

wait.

its already on fire...

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 6:37 Quote
In other news FDA approve new automated CV vax suit

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
Does it mention Tucker Carlson’s lies ?

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 16:49 Quote
you mean TC's ties....???? Razz

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 17:12 Quote
Who else wants to talk Marine Corp knife reviews?️⛏️⚒️

These are the Marines I've been training with!⛔️

Teaching me to hunt insurgents.
⚠️
These are real hard core reviews from Marines!❎

Read up and get informed.↔️

Contact me for more info on the knife, but I'm not selling be them. Collector status only!
Highlight your top 5 reviews then critique them:

From the United States
Jaden Sponzo
5.0 out of 5 starsVerified Purchase
Awesome!
Reviewed in the United States on June 13, 2017
Put my ass right in the ER for stitches. It works great!
22 people found this helpful
Helpful
East coast buyer
Great value
Reviewed in the United States on March 30, 2019
This knife is a really good value for the money. I've purchased two of them now. Both open just fine. The spring assist works well, is very cool opening it. Like any product, it is a little "tight" brand new, but as you keep using it, starts to loosen up. The lock works. It has good heft to it and the blade holds a nice edge. Don't know yet about the seat belt cutter and window breaker. Don't have something to test that on. Will update this review when I learn more.
3 people found this helpful
Helpful
phillipsal2
Great Gift Knife for a Marine
Reviewed in the United States on August 14, 2017
I got this to give as a gift, and it went over very well. It looks really nice, although the color of "Desert Tan" looks a little more gold-metallic than a matte-tan. The knife itself looks great, the emblem almost makes it look like a showpiece. The only complaint I heard about it was the clip is on the wrong side. Even with that inconvenience, this is the knife he carries most. Excellent purchase for the price, excellent knife in general.
One person found this helpful
Helpful
Little Coco
Well Built, Nicely Crafted
Reviewed in the United States on August 1, 2018
This is a great knife. Fits perfectly
in my hand, has a great texture.
I like so much I purchased two more.
It's a work horse.
This has become my favorite folding knife
One person found this helpful
Helpful
BiggieDave
1.0 out of 5 starsVerified Purchase
Buyer beware!
Reviewed in the United States on August 6, 2018
Ordered two. One works perfectly. The other does not. It does NOT lock into place using the flip assist. Almost cut myself because it did not lock.
I went to return the second knife and the screen said it is not eligible for return.....BS.
Your chance of purchasing a properly working knife, from my experience....is 50/50.
4 people found this helpful
Helpful
Family dad
Awesome design
Reviewed in the United States on May 15, 2020
Very well made knife, very sturdy, sharp and assisted opening works great.
2 people found this helpful
Helpful
RL
Received yesterday, bought three more today as gifts
Reviewed in the United States on January 13, 2019
Excellent knife for the money. Quality is well above the ones at WalMart at higher prices. I received it in the mail yesterday and ordered three more today. While it comes with a belt clip, I ordered three clip-on magazine pouches to put the new ones in. You can't go wrong with this knife especially if you are a First-Responder.
Helpful
Rocknrollmusicfan
Solid, safe, and sleek knife
Reviewed in the United States on June 10, 2018
Knife looks great, and it’s weight and size feels perfect in my hand. Spring assist opening works perfectly, and the design of the handle keeps hands safe. I would buy this again.
3 people found this helpful
Helpful
MichaelJT
4.0 out of 5 starsVerified Purchase
Seems to be a good, heavy duty knife with a thick blade
Reviewed in the United States on November 19, 2017
Seems to be a good, heavy duty knife with a thick blade. I'm on the road a lot and the seat belt cutter may come in handy, but I certainly hope I'm not called upon to use it.
Helpful
Andy
Great knife.
Reviewed in the United States on March 9, 2021
No dislikes.
A great tool.
I'm going to buy some for my friends.
Oh, and the clip is perfect. Not sharp into the side.
Without question, EDC.
Helpful
Kenneth Surman
Great knife
Reviewed in the United States on August 30, 2021
Sharp easy to use and the right size this is a great everyday Carry . I have knives that match the clothes I wear so have multiple knives
Helpful
david denny
Fine knife
Reviewed in the United States on December 10, 2018
I have purchased 8 of these knives over the past 3 years two as gifts and the rest I used up. I cut up cardboard and rope and tree branches and wires and plywood and drywall and you name it. These are very good for the price.
Helpful
jd
Great knife for every day use
Reviewed in the United States on May 2, 2021
Very impressed with this knife. I’m constantly sharpening blade, but that’s just me. The blade is not a high quality steel but for every day use, it’s fantastic. I’ve never understood why people want to spend hundreds on a knife and not be able to use it .
Helpful
Howard Faught
Awesome
Reviewed in the United States on June 13, 2021
Had one like it. And wore it out.
Ordered another and now I just display it for my Marine
Helpful
Richard W
Value for the dollar.
Reviewed in the United States on July 24, 2018
Without a doubt, this knife is the best value for the dollar I've ever seen. Sharp, well balanced, easily clips inside pocket, nothing to not like. Highly recommend.
Helpful
NH fan
Excellent
Reviewed in the United States on July 22, 2018
Great knife for the price; bought two. Well made and rather heavy.
Helpful
Lacey
Awesome Knife
Reviewed in the United States on January 5, 2020
Bought for my future Marine for Christmas! He loves it. Very sharp, sturdy and durable.
Helpful
Principal
Durable
Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2020
Really durable, quality knife. Being all metal it can be dropped and it does more damage to the floor than the floor to it.
Helpful
alberto
High quality product
Reviewed in the United States on September 17, 2018
May need to be little bit sharper but gets job done , over all nice product , high quality metal feels solid and durable
Helpful
Brandon
I really like this knife
Reviewed in the United States on March 8, 2018
I really like this knife. For about $12 you can't go wrong here. It has a nice heavy feel to it and opens really nice and the added stuff at that bottom end which I assume if for cutting a seatbelt and breaking open a window is really nice to also have on there.
Helpful
MyBoyAstro
Nice value for the price.
Reviewed in the United States on September 22, 2018
Just as advertised.... I wonder though if the use of the USMC image is really authorized.
Helpful
C. Ward
Very satisfied
Reviewed in the United States on May 27, 2018
I'm not a knife expert but I like the way it feels and handles. I will be purchasing a second one.
Helpful
Larry F
Great knife! I’ve ordered a few knives for friends ...
Reviewed in the United States on April 27, 2018
Great knife! I’ve ordered a few knives for friends but this one is the BEST!
Helpful
Hunter
But it!b
Reviewed in the United States on November 4, 2018
Love it!! Sharp a crap. I actually cut my finger open twice really good that I need stitches but didn’t go and it took 4 weeks to heal. So buy it!!
Helpful
Fina
Heavy
Reviewed in the United States on December 30, 2018
It was a birthday gift for my husband. He was amazed by it. It’s pretty heavy not cheap at all.Great gift
Helpful
Terry Langton
Five Stars
Reviewed in the United States on October 6, 2017
The best
Helpful
DesertFox
Sharp and feels solid
Reviewed in the United States on January 29, 2019
Really pleased with this purchase.
Helpful
luis
Five Stars
Reviewed in the United States on December 7, 2017
Nice weight sharp and solid tactical knife
Helpful
Ted Orssten
cuts well
Reviewed in the United States on September 5, 2018
gets the job done....solid and sturdy..great price!!
Helpful
Eric
Five Stars
Reviewed in the United States on May 28, 2018
Nice quality. Gave as a gift to my marine friend. He loved it!
Helpful
Kevin Hoyle
Very sharp
Reviewed in the United States on July 20, 2019
Great
Helpful
PK
Five Stars
Reviewed in the United States on January 2, 2018
Heavy sturdy nice looking
Helpful
kyle
Recommend
Reviewed in the United States on October 13, 2017
Very pleased with this knife.
Helpful
MG_RA
Awesome
Reviewed in the United States on June 22, 2018
Quality knife, very sharp
Helpful
Mike
Best knife size and really well made
Reviewed in the United States on May 12, 2018
It really convenient and accessible. Best knife size and really well made. No complaints so far.
Helpful
Jason
Nice knife
Reviewed in the United States on December 13, 2018
Nice knife. But heavier than I expected.
Helpful
Jordon M.
Works great on boxes
Reviewed in the United States on December 27, 2018
Used during a black op mission, solid knife
Helpful
zafera
Great value knife Quality for this price is amazing
Reviewed in the United States on May 8, 2018
Great value knife
Quality for this price is amazing.
I'm very pleasantly surprised of this great knife.
Helpful
Henry C.
Good knife
Reviewed in the United States on June 21, 2018
It not expensive
Helpful
bighurt 2
Five Stars
Reviewed in the United States on August 19, 2017
Good knife.
Helpful
Amazon Customer
Extremely Sharp
Reviewed in the United States on November 24, 2018
Very sharp and heavy duty quality
Helpful
Zvirden
great
Reviewed in the United States on April 15, 2018
Fast Delivery, great Knife
Helpful
Dewey
2.0 out of 5 stars
Chunky and Uncomfortable
Reviewed in the United States on July 29, 2017
The handle is far too chunky and uncomfortable. Even worse, it doesn't offer a grip that feels secure. It's too heavy to actually carry in your pocket all day.
Helpful
Dale McGee
My MARINE
Reviewed in the United States on December 26, 2020
My Marine loved it

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 17:17 Quote
Since I'm full military now I have access to this type of inside info and more..

Military.com

Soldiers Have 3 Months to Get COVID Vaccine or Face Discharge, with Few Waiver Options

Staff Sgt. Courtney Dunn, an Irwin Army Community Hospital pharmacy technician, rehearses the process of inverting a mock thawed vaccine vial gently 10 times before dilution. (U.S. Army Photo/Tywanna Sparks)
14 Sep 2021
Military.com | By Steve Beynon and Patricia Kime
Active-duty soldiers have three months to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or face a possible discharge from the force, the Army announced Tuesday.

The 485,900 soldiers on active duty must be vaccinated by Dec. 15. But the 336,500 National Guard and 189,800 Reserve troops have until June 30, 2022, to be fully inoculated.

As of Tuesday, about 80% of active-duty soldiers had received at least one vaccine dose, according to an Army spokesperson. However, the National Guard and Reserve don’t have accurate numbers for how much of their forces are vaccinated, given many of those troops receive vaccines outside of the military.

"This is quite literally a matter of life and death for our Soldiers, their families and the communities in which we live," Lt. Gen. R. Scott Dingle, the U.S. Army surgeon general, said in a statement. "Case counts and deaths continue to be concerning as the Delta variant spreads, which makes protecting the force through mandatory vaccination a health and readiness priority for the total Army."

Read Next: Marine Corporal Discharged over Refusal to Wear a Mask

The military's largest branch issued its mandate after the other services announced similar timelines. For now, only Pfizer-BioNTech's coronavirus vaccine has received full approval from the Food and Drug Administration and, as such, is the one officially mandated. But troops are allowed to seek out the other available vaccines if they prefer.

That means that if troops receive one of the two-shot varieties of the vaccine they will need to have had their second shot and passed the two-week post vaccine waiting period before the December deadline.

Along with other vaccines, the Defense Department has a long list of health-related mandates for troops. Service members being unvaccinated can cause many complications for commands, as they may become undeployable.

Soldiers who refuse vaccinations will be counseled by their chain of command. Such counseling typically involves starting a paper trail and having a discussion with the service member about the orders they are violating; it isn't always followed by a punishment.

But continued failure to comply with the order "could result in administrative or non-judicial punishment -- to include relief of duties or discharge," according to a statement from the Army.

Commanders will request a General Officer Memorandum of Reprimand, which are largely seen as career killers, to be initiated for any soldier who refuses inoculation without an exemption.

A discharge can cost a soldier their benefits, including the GI Bill.

Military.com recently reported on a Marine corporal who refused to comply with an order that mandated unvaccinated troops wear a mask indoors. She was kicked out of the force within a week of violating the order and given a general discharge under honorable conditions.

Those seeking waivers to avoid immunization essentially have two options: medical or religious exemptions, according to Sean Timmons, an attorney with the Houston-based law firm Tully Rinckey.

The military is a relatively young, healthy community whose members already have received numerous vaccines, so most people are "not going to have the ability to be granted a medical waiver," Timmons said.

A religious exemption may be more likely, he said, if the person can demonstrate that their religious practice compels them to be morally opposed to vaccination. However, no major religion has come out against the COVID-19 vaccine or vaccines in general.

Joe Seiner, a professor at the University of South Carolina School of Law, said soldiers will need to demonstrate that the vaccine conflicts with a sincere religious belief or have received prior waivers.

"You'd probably want to show them that you haven't gotten certain vaccinations or, if you are new to the service, that this would be consistent with your prior history," Seiner said during an interview.

Still, if a religious exemption request is denied by the military, the rejection may provide a basis for a lawsuit, Timmons said.

"It's possible for attorneys to work with an admission to say there's a good faith objection," he explained.

Timmons said his firm has been approached by service members expressing interest in filing lawsuits against the mandate.

Seiner said he expects lawsuits to be filed but warned troops who are hesitant about the vaccine not to expect any immediate injunctions or temporary rulings to halt the program.

"There's no guarantee a judge will do that,” he said. “For a judge to actually issue that order, it has to be a lawsuit that is likely to succeed, at least in the federal judge's mind."

-- Steve Beynon can be reached at Steve.Beynon@military.com. Follow him on Twitter @StevenBeynon.

Get vaxxed JarHead!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006078
Mobile Version of Website