Can’t proper sag with psi in rear shock

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Can’t proper sag with psi in rear shock
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 2:07 Quote
Eye balling it with the o ring after sitting it looks like 50 percent sag I want to get 25-30 percent sag but am unable to.

Bike is yt Capra pro al 2021

Shock dpx2 performance elite

How can I get the correct amount of sag

After I take off the nozzle and reinsert it says I’m at 200psi

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 4:07 Quote
dhrider8051 wrote:
Eye balling it with the o ring after sitting it looks like 50 percent sag I want to get 25-30 percent sag but am unable to.

Bike is yt Capra pro al 2021

Shock dpx2 performance elite

How can I get the correct amount of sag

After I take off the nozzle and reinsert it says I’m at 200psi

What are you doing to measure sag? Is it consistent? What happens if you add more air? What are the recommended settings?

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 9:30 Quote
Recommended settings are body weight in psi.

I have not measured but I can see the o ring is half way when sitting on the bike. Regardless of how much psi is put in. Only differnce is felt firmness if I cycle the shock with 10 small compressions then add psi which actually feels like it’s gradually adding psi to the shock to increase firmness with no effects in reducing sag though.

If I compress the shock 10 times before adding more air to equalize the negative chamber it feels like psi is actually going in but still reads 200psi regardless ever I pump air into the shock remove the shock pump and reinsert it.

But I do feel like the shock has a bit more resistance firmer feel but still can’t get the recommended sag setting adding psi.

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
dhrider8051 wrote:
Recommended settings are body weight in psi.

I have not measured but I can see the o ring is half way when sitting on the bike. Regardless of how much psi is put in. Only differnce is felt firmness if I cycle the shock with 10 small compressions then add psi which actually feels like it’s gradually adding psi to the shock to increase firmness with no results in reducing sag though.

If I compress the shock 10 times before adding more air to equalize the negative chamber it feels like psi is actually going in but still reads 200psi regardless ever I pump air into the shock remove the shock pump and reinsert it.

But I do feel like the shock has a bit more resistance firmer feel but still can’t get the recommended sag setting adding psi.

Can you borrow a buddy's shock pump? I've had a couple shock pumps lose accuracy on their gauges. If it feels firmer, sag should definitely be changing. Try ignoring the psi value and pump it until you get the correct sag %.

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 10:01 Quote
I figured it out I used the pump that yt gave and really tightened it down when putting psi and it worked I was using my own other pump and you just have to make sure the pump is really tight when screwing it to actually get accurate psi reading and actually put psi in the shock

When tightened down good each pump barley puts any psi in and that’s when you know it’s working

O+
Posted: May 8, 2021 at 18:59 Quote
You may also want to consider adding a volume reducer. There are a few good videos on You Tube on how to do it. Cam Zinc did a video in which he installed a reducer on the DPX2 on his Jeffsey. It is not necessary to remove the shock from the bike. Take out the air in 50 psi increments and compress the shock between each increment(the same way you should be inflating it.)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007169
Mobile Version of Website