Ransom shock replacement

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
Ransom shock replacement
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 30, 2021 at 3:41 Quote
Im wondering if anyone here has put a coil shock on a Ransom and what is your take on the change . I think im a little heavy (205lbs) for the Nude TR, just riding around my neighborhood im using 3/4 of the rear shock travel, what will happen at the bike park?

Posted: Mar 30, 2021 at 6:40 Quote
JFonz wrote:
Im wondering if anyone here has put a coil shock on a Ransom and what is your take on the change . I think im a little heavy (205lbs) for the Nude TR, just riding around my neighborhood im using 3/4 of the rear shock travel, what will happen at the bike park?
you will 100% clap it out but have you put the pressures up? cuz you should be able to be fine at 205 pounds

Posted: Mar 30, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
timotheysski wrote:
JFonz wrote:
you will 100% clap it out but have you put the pressures up? cuz you should be able to be fine at 205 pounds

I’m going to ride it at 300psi and see how i like it but im skeptical. Id like to have the option of being a little softer without blowing through the stroke of the shock. Neighborhood and bike path rides with my son, im seeing the travel indicator up about 3/4” from the top of the shaft. There is no terrain where i live.

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
I'm weight 230 and have my NUDE shock pressured at 240 and am getting the correct sag and havent harshly bottomed my shock. And I am riding it fully open. Took all the lock out stuff.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 16:51 Quote
retrofred wrote:
I'm weight 230 and have my NUDE shock pressured at 240 and am getting the correct sag and have harshly bottomed my shock. And I am riding it fully open. Took all the lock out stuff.

I had correct sag before and was using way too much travel for my liking on sidewalk rides with my son. I spoke to my LBS and they advised me to max it out and see how that rides. So far its a little stiff for sidewalk rides but, i assume it will be much better for the bike park.

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 5:54 Quote
So I am moving on from the air shock on this frame and going to a coil. I have tried a few different shocks and found the fit of some to not at all. The Fox 2020 and earlier DHX2 with climb switch don't fit as the climb switch hit the frame. I have tried a DVO Jade, and that also didn't fit due the placement of the compression knobs actually rest on the frame. So I have finally got my hands on a Marzocchi Bomber CR, and it will fit without issue. I am looking forward to mounting it this weekend and putting some trail time to see how the bike reacts with a coil.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005037
Mobile Version of Website