Ransom shock replacement

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
Ransom shock replacement
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 30, 2021 at 3:41 Quote
Im wondering if anyone here has put a coil shock on a Ransom and what is your take on the change . I think im a little heavy (205lbs) for the Nude TR, just riding around my neighborhood im using 3/4 of the rear shock travel, what will happen at the bike park?

Posted: Mar 30, 2021 at 6:40 Quote
JFonz wrote:
Im wondering if anyone here has put a coil shock on a Ransom and what is your take on the change . I think im a little heavy (205lbs) for the Nude TR, just riding around my neighborhood im using 3/4 of the rear shock travel, what will happen at the bike park?
you will 100% clap it out but have you put the pressures up? cuz you should be able to be fine at 205 pounds

Posted: Mar 30, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
timotheysski wrote:
JFonz wrote:
you will 100% clap it out but have you put the pressures up? cuz you should be able to be fine at 205 pounds

Iā€™m going to ride it at 300psi and see how i like it but im skeptical. Id like to have the option of being a little softer without blowing through the stroke of the shock. Neighborhood and bike path rides with my son, im seeing the travel indicator up about 3/4ā€ from the top of the shaft. There is no terrain where i live.

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
I'm weight 230 and have my NUDE shock pressured at 240 and am getting the correct sag and havent harshly bottomed my shock. And I am riding it fully open. Took all the lock out stuff.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 16:51 Quote
retrofred wrote:
I'm weight 230 and have my NUDE shock pressured at 240 and am getting the correct sag and have harshly bottomed my shock. And I am riding it fully open. Took all the lock out stuff.

I had correct sag before and was using way too much travel for my liking on sidewalk rides with my son. I spoke to my LBS and they advised me to max it out and see how that rides. So far its a little stiff for sidewalk rides but, i assume it will be much better for the bike park.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006128
Mobile Version of Website