150mm fork on 2018 evil calling?

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
150mm fork on 2018 evil calling?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 4, 2021 at 14:48 Quote
Has anyone ridden a 2018 Calling with 150mm fork? Does it mess with the climbing ability much over the stock 140?

I'm really looking for a bike that is a pretty balanced climber/Descender, and someone I know (indirectly) is selling one. But they don't know enough about if to say how it affected the bikes balance.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 18:05 Quote
LargeMarge wrote:
Has anyone ridden a 2018 Calling with 150mm fork? Does it mess with the climbing ability much over the stock 140?

I'm really looking for a bike that is a pretty balanced climber/Descender, and someone I know (indirectly) is selling one. But they don't know enough about if to say how it affected the bikes balance.

It will work fine, you might want to run it in the Low setting not the X-Low for the flip-chip, It will keep the Seat Tube angle pretty similar to the X-Low with the 140 fork, The 150 fork with slacken it out to and the BB height will increase a little bit, but It won't be that bad. I have ridden long-forked bikes over the 20mm and they work fine, I think after that the geometry starts to become compromised. Another Idea is you could buy an angle set and slacken it 1/2 a degree to keep the Geo very similar if it concerns you that much.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
LargeMarge wrote:

It will work fine, you might want to run it in the Low setting not the X-Low for the flip-chip, It will keep the Seat Tube angle pretty similar to the X-Low with the 140 fork, The 150 fork with slacken it out to and the BB height will increase a little bit, but It won't be that bad. I have ridden long-forked bikes over the 20mm and they work fine, I think after that the geometry starts to become compromised. Another Idea is you could buy an angle set and slacken it 1/2 a degree to keep the Geo very similar if it concerns you that much.

super! thanks! I'm not certain it even fits. going to give it a try.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004548
Mobile Version of Website