sight C1 with megneg

PB Forum :: Norco
sight C1 with megneg
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 11:03 Quote
just wondering if anyone could give me some input on the MegNeg. I ride a Sight C1 with Rock Shox Super Deluxe + and I ride mostly technical terrain but I have a number of pedal strikes. I came from a 2009 Fluid Lt1 and realize the geometry of totally different, but if bike was tad higher I might have that little bit of clearance that I might need. Will I only notice the MegNeg on faster downhill sections or on climbs and flatter terrain well it help? the terrain is very rocky and technical. Any info from someone that may have experienced this would be greatly appreciated. I am totally happy with the way the suspension works and would upgrade it if it would make it even better if I thought it would help.

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 19:52 Quote
I went from a 2019 Kona Process 153 (poster child for a MegNeg) to a Sight VLT 29. - yes a bit different than non-ebike Sight.
Fluid Function in Squamish is my suspension go to.
I suggest you get in touch. They’ll be able to help in detail.
(I inquired about my Sight VLT - because I loved what it did for the Kona - they said not to do it on the Sight. “Already has good progressive design”).

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 4:35 Quote
ok, thanks for the input, much appreciated. I did order one and I'll try it out, I am hoping it will help with some of my pedal strikes. If it doesn't work I'll just take it off

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
I preferred the regular air can to the MegNeg on my Sight. The main benefit of the MegNeg is that you can run a higher air pressure to get more support without it feeling overly firm off the top. I found the higher spring rate to be too much, making the bike feel harsher and less settled. The regular air can felt more forgiving to me. I could see the MegNeg being a good call if you rode a lot of bike park style trails with big hits and g-outs. But for most trail riding, the regular can is probably more approachable.

The coil shock is my preferred setup, though. It gives more support than the air shock early in the stroke without feeling harsh.

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 16:21 Quote
thanks for the input, it's hard to know what works best with each bike setup. much appreciated

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005925
Mobile Version of Website