Tire not running straight with cushcore

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Tire not running straight with cushcore
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 6:31 Quote
Hello every1

I hav just installed my cushcore in the rear and my tire is not running straight like it wobbles all over the place, yet my rim is dead straight

Can any1 plz share their tips and ideas for fixing this

Cheers

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 8:00 Quote
ShredDog101 wrote:
Hello every1

I hav just installed my cushcore in the rear and my tire is not running straight like it wobbles all over the place, yet my rim is dead straight

Can any1 plz share their tips and ideas for fixing this

Cheers

Have you checked that the bead is seated properly? My guess is that it is not. Let air out of the tire and run a cloth with a little soapy water on it along both beads. Then put 40ish PSI in there and check again.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
I bought a bike used with cushcore and it wobbles but isnt a problem when riding. My shop said it is because the cushcore paired with my maxiss dhrii and dhf causes the wobble a bit.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 18:47 Quote
howmaybesgo wrote:

Have you checked that the bead is seated properly? My guess is that it is not. Let air out of the tire and run a cloth with a little soapy water on it along both beads. Then put 40ish PSI in there and check again.

Look closely where the tire and the rim meet. The tire has a small raised line on both sides all the way around the tire. The line should be evenly exposed from the rim, usually about 1/8 inch. If it is not even, that’s a good indication that the bead is not set properly. If so, try the soapy water mentioned above. It may also help if you push the bead on both sides of the tire off of the rim and into the center channel of the rim, and then re-inflate.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
Everyone will assume you did it wrong, which is irritating AF, but what no one will tell you is that some tires suck. If you are using a Maxxis tire, note that their tires have a rough, textured inside, and the Cushcore won't slip into place as easily as a tire with smooth insides. The Cushcore guys also told me that there are some runs of Maxxis tires that simply are not straight, right out of the box, and lo behold, that was the case with mine. Also, don't even try to mount them in used tires, the dried sealant prevents them from sliding into place.

(wait for the Maxxis tifosi to scream and break out the lynching ropes...)

The real trick is to soap up the inside of the tire, soap the cushcore, mount the sucker EXACTLY like the Cushcore video, use a brand new tire with slick guts inside, and then be prepared to do it a couple of times and then you'll be super stoked.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009098
Mobile Version of Website