What bike can do enduro and dirt jumps?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What bike can do enduro and dirt jumps?
Previous Page |
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 4:46 Quote
Looking for a bike that can do some steep technical stuff as well as being great a dirt jumping dont mind complete build or just frame

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 6:18 Quote
Marin San Quentin , Dartmoor Hornet.

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 8:21 Quote
TianZhou wrote:
Looking for a bike that can do some steep technical stuff as well as being great a dirt jumping dont mind complete build or just frame
Trek remedy is pretty good. That bike feels like a overgrown Slopestyle bike. Commencal clash might be a little big but might work if you set her up 26/27.5 mullet. Anything from Propain would work too besides the spindrift, which might be a tad big.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
Canyon Torque, I've taken mine on plenty of DJ trails.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
YT Capra would be a good choice if you can find one in stock

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 18:42 Quote
I think you'd be well off with a 130-140mm travel 27.5 trail bike, something along the lines of a Santa Cruz 5010, Transition Scout, Kona Process 134, or one of the Guerilla Gravity bikes configured in such a way (not sure of the model name). I have a Process 134 built up as a sort of trail/slope/jib bike that I've taken on long XC rides, steep and rocky singletrack, relatively large dirt jumps, and some street and stair gaps.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 10:50 Quote
I got a YT Jeffsy 27.5 and it rips dirt jumps just fine along with any gnar.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 4:02 Quote
The Pivot Mach 6 is a one bike quiver IMO

Posted: May 22, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
Literally any new enduro bike.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 13:21 Quote
borlowski90 wrote:
Literally any new enduro bike.

... Unless your dirt jumps require hard pumping to maintain trail speed. In which case it'll feel sluggish and leave you casing.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 16:21 Quote
Riding one myself I would suggest the SB165 if it's within your budget. I would have suggested the Capra but the current range is only 29 or mullet. Personally I think the type of bike you are looking for is 27.5 all round with high progressive suspension kinematics, something that is agile and playful but plush on the gnar and small bumps and with good bottom out resistance.
The previous YT Capra fit the bill perfectly and so does the SB165...I would leave the wagon wheels for the Enduro guys that just want to roll over stuff quickly, what you are looking for is a park/freeride bike, something that can both jump well, is nimble but can eat up the rough stuff without too much concern over having the absolute fastest rolling speed.
Not sure if the Spindrift also fits this bill but is maybe worth a look too.

Posted: Aug 12, 2021 at 23:07 Quote
Spindrift def fits the bill. I do not recommend a 29 at all unless you’re 6 feet tall or over.

Posted: Aug 13, 2021 at 6:37 Quote
shredgnarrr wrote:
Santa Cruz 5010

Posted: Aug 13, 2021 at 6:58 Quote
shredgnarrr wrote:

Yt Jeffsy 27.5

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 16:59 Quote
Just bought a GT Force and that works really well. Basically do what you're doing

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005661
Mobile Version of Website