Bikes/Parts Made in Canada

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bikes/Parts Made in Canada
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
So lately I've been trying to support as many canadian companies as possible in my everyday life and figured Id start trying to pick up parts that are made here whenever possible. I'm starting a list so if anyone has anything to add please feel free and I'll update this post
Frames
- Devinci still makes the wilson in Canada but I believe all others are made overseas
- Chromag Primer, Doctahawk, Arcturian, Surface frames
- Daambuilt builds custom frames in Canada
Components
- Chromag Ranger and BZA stems, all clamps and chainrings
- We Are One makes carbon wheels out of kamloops
-Straightline I believe builds all of their components in canada
-Blackspire makes most of their components locally
- North Shore Billet makes chainrings, stems derailleur hangers and other small machined parts

Thats all I can think of for now, I know there has to be more out there

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 18:42 Quote
Blackspire makes a lot of parts in Canada, just not handlebars and the odd piece. (Own blackspire bars and was saddened by that fact, But still great quality!

There's also Northshore Billet, a machine shop out of BC that makes MTB chainrings, Derailleur hangers, Brake mount adapters, crank spiders, direct mount stem spacers, and topcaps

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 21:23 Quote
Aren’t Nobl wheels and One Up Components out of Squamish, BC? Not sure if every part is manufactured here in Canada, or this is just where their HQs are located though.

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 23:09 Quote
I know there is another thread exactly like this one .... I commented on it a few weeks ago.

never the less....

COVE doesn't exist anymore

and glad to see North Shore Billet get a mention .... not only do they make great bits, but the guy is regular PB forum poster.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 3:18 Quote
No more COVE they slipped away quietly : ( what happened there then ?
Ordered a part from them direct from there Vancouver shop mid last year.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 6:24 Quote
The Cove bike shop is still there in North Vancouver... I’ve been there a few times recently. I also noticed a few titanium Cove hardtail frames for sale there, but I don’t know if they are still making them or if it’s leftover stock.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
cmarwood wrote:
So lately I've been trying to support as many canadian companies as possible in my everyday life and figured Id start trying to pick up parts that are made here whenever possible. I'm starting a list so if anyone has anything to add please feel free and I'll update this post
Frames
- Devinci still makes the wilson in Canada but I believe all others are made overseas
- Chromag builds some frames here
- Cove, not sure if they still exist though.
Components
- Raceface makes a few higher end components in Canada
- Chromag some parts made in canada, trying to find what ones specifically
- We Are One makes carbon wheels out of kamloops
-Straightline I believe builds all of their components in canada
-Blackspire, haven't seen much of them lately but I believe everything from them was made in canada

Thats all I can think of for now, I know there has to be more out there

Frames
- DaamBuilt makes Steel frame from Montréal
- Devinci makes pretty much all their Aluminium frame here , check the Made In Canada section
- RSDBikes designed but manufactured in Taiwan

Components
Tairin Wheels , Designed and Built in Canada , manufactured oversea again

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 12:29 Quote
MB3 wrote:
Aren’t Nobl wheels and One Up Components out of Squamish, BC? Not sure if every part is manufactured here in Canada, or this is just where their HQs are located though.
I'll have to check out nobl wheels but as far as I know one up makes all their parts overseas. Trying to keep the list to companies that actually manufacture here. Thanks for all the suggestions, updated the list.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 12:54 Quote
Dekerf is still making frames

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 13:07 Quote
Nobl Wheels , Designed in Canada , manufactured overseas

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 0:27 Quote
Pnw components are based out of bc

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 4:37 Quote
Tom2008mtb wrote:

But a lot, if not all, are not made here in Canada.

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
Tom2008mtb wrote:

Didn’t know that, I knew they were based in Canada but I didn’t know if the components were made there

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
Tom2008mtb wrote:
noone1223 wrote:
Tom2008mtb wrote:

Didn’t know that, I knew they were based in Canada but I didn’t know if the components were made there
Yeah looks like pnw doesn't manufacture in canada. Also just heard back from raceface and they no longer make any components here unfortunately.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
9point8 out of Ancaster Ontario. Recently picked up a stout stem because they are running a promo for a free Ti bolt kit as well.

They also make droppers and angle adjust headsets, among a few other things. Most of it is manufactured in their factory in Ancaster, but I believe they import certain parts and pieces. Everything is assembled and tested here at home though.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006132
Mobile Version of Website