I cut the seat post on my carbon frame

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
I cut the seat post on my carbon frame
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
RunsWithScissors wrote:
There's always the POSSIBILITY of failure due to modification, but if done well you can wind up with some amazing results also. Your average 1960's/70's American V8 engine is pretty powerful in stock trim, but add a 4 barrel carb or two and you wind up with a lot more power in exchange for voiding the factory warranty. Possibly not gonna last as long, but it wasn't gonna last forever anyway and you're probably gonna have more fun with it while it lasts.

I like your analogy Smile People have been modifying cars and motorcycles since day one

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 20:30 Quote
interesting the way CF looks like nothing until you apply the epoxy.

[YT=][YT=]

[PV=]

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 4:37 Quote
60ndown wrote:
interesting the way CF looks like nothing until you apply the epoxy.

[YT=][YT=]

[PV=]

You can definitely tell it didn't grow like that, but otherwise I'd totally expect that to hold up.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 14:36 Quote
Whelp I got the results I was looking for so Im stoked !! If she holds together for the first few smashes Im guessing she will be with me forever....

this is how it left the factory ..

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 18:50 Quote
Rad work man. That’s my only complaint with my V1 Jeffsy 27.5, the damn seat tube is too long. Even with a 150mm drop post it’s too long for me at full extension. Would’t mind losing 10-20mm in seat tube so I could drop the post in deeper, I’m pretty sure there’s room underneath right now.

If it had a shorter seat tube, I’d ride it forever.

I guess I could go for a 125mm post.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 13:15 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Rad work man. That’s my only complaint with my V1 Jeffsy 27.5, the damn seat tube is too long. Even with a 150mm drop post it’s too long for me at full extension. Would’t mind losing 10-20mm in seat tube so I could drop the post in deeper, I’m pretty sure there’s room underneath right now.

you got a pic of your seat post ? and is it aluminum or carbon fiber ?

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
60ndown wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

you got a pic of your seat post ? and is it aluminum or carbon fiber ?

It’s Carbon. And unfortunately, it’s got a brace going up from the top tube and I fear cutting it would weaken it significantly.

I’m now looking at replacing it with an updated model, as they have a shorter seat tube.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 15:28 Quote
I cut my Mondraker Foxy post also, but unlike yours my carbon tube was solid where it projected along the front of the tube part. I just took my time with a dremel and file. I then cut an 1/8” relief strip about an 1” long with a drill hole.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 19:23 Quote
Digsafe wrote:
I cut my Mondraker Foxy post also, but unlike yours my carbon tube was solid where it projected along the front of the tube part. I just took my time with a dremel and file. I then cut an 1/8” relief strip about an 1” long with a drill hole.

Id like to own a Mondraker for a while...

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009221
Mobile Version of Website