A little bit of play in linkage. Help!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
A little bit of play in linkage. Help!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 15:04 Quote
2021 Yeti SB150. There is a tiny bit play in the linkage on my bike. I notice when I grab the bike by the top tube, there is a tiny bit of vertical play somewhere in the suspension or linkage. I checked the wheels and headset, no issues. The shock is nice and tight. I can’t seem to figure out where it is coming from. I took the shock off and checked all of the bolts on the linkage, all were tight. I rode on it yesterday with no issues, but I am afraid to continue riding on it and causing a bigger problem.

Any ideas what it could be? Is there something else to check? I’m stumped...

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 15:28 Quote
Might be wear in the shock bushings, it will still be there even if the bolts holding the hardware are snug.

you could pull the shock out and give them a wiggle and a turn, they should be slightly stiff with no wiggle at all.

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 19:14 Quote
iffy wrote:
Might be wear in the shock bushings, it will still be there even if the bolts holding the hardware are snug.

you could pull the shock out and give them a wiggle and a turn, they should be slightly stiff with no wiggle at all.
It’s a brand new shock and brand new bushings. Only three rides since I put the new shock and hardware on.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 1:34 Quote
stumped too, must be one of the suspension pivots, maybe you could try taping them up one by one to try and fiind a cuplprit?

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 13:08 Quote
I took the entire linkage apart and found a bad bearing. Caught me by surprise as the bike is quite new and I don’t think I put that much wear and tear on it. Glad that’s all it was.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 13:31 Quote
pack your bearings with grease and never ever ever point detergent and a hose at them Smile

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
iffy wrote:
pack your bearings with grease and never ever ever point detergent and a hose at them Smile
Noted! Thank you!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004872
Mobile Version of Website