Whistler, for the normal rider. Any point? (Bucket list content)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Whistler, for the normal rider. Any point? (Bucket list content)
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Not really related to your question.But be very careful who you book flights with.Some of the Canadian airlines have ripped people off all over the world since the pandemic.No refunds under any circumstances.people have lost thousands.Hope you get there its amazing.

Air Canada are generally a bunch of dickheads, but your comment is no longer the case: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/air-canada-refunds-explainer-1.5985890

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
Also there are so amazing trails in the surrounding areas (As seen on Youtube). I have yet to ride BC but its soon.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 22:30 Quote
Whistler has an amazing set of trails that gradually progresses from pretty much a road all the way to very scary pro features.

Best bike park I’ve visited, hands down.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 5:03 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
Not really related to your question.But be very careful who you book flights with.Some of the Canadian airlines have ripped people off all over the world since the pandemic.No refunds under any circumstances.people have lost thousands.Hope you get there its amazing.

Air Canada are generally a bunch of dickheads, but your comment is no longer the case: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/air-canada-refunds-explainer-1.5985890
that’s good then,but I’m with AirTransat,not offering full refunds .

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 5:03 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
jase111171 wrote:

that’s good then,but I’m with AirTransat,not offering full refunds .

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:04 Quote
Thanks all for the feedback, I may have undersold my skills. I’ve done Morzine reds without issue, but feared that Whistler was a whole other level of schred/gnar/schralpage.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
Some trails and moves in the park are serious business, but much of the park is accessible to average riders.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
Booking your flight will probably be the riskiest thing you do!

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
My dad said the wanted to do a canoe trip with me one year. It didn't happen.

When I could do it he said he was too old. And now refuses to contemplate any other canoing trips. He's 72 now, it's unlikely to happen.

Try it, make the memories.

I've been to whistler twice. It will be fine on the blue and green runs then work your way up.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
And don't skip past the green runs! Del Boca Vista is friggin amazing fun!

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
It’s looking more and more like a goer, 12 months for COVID to beggar off and gives me the chance to hopefully show my youngest child, how to properly send it .

So, bike hire in Whistler, four days on an enduro, and one on an outrageously overbiked DH rig. Where to book with?

rockhopper70 wrote:
It’s looking more and more like a goer, 12 months for COVID to beggar off and gives me the chance to hopefully show my youngest child, how to properly send it .

So, bike hire in Whistler, four days on an enduro, and one on an outrageously overbiked DH rig. Where to book with?

Arbutus routes has sb165’s and sb150’s for use in the bike park and sb140’s and sb130’s (i think) for the trail network. Nice being able to drop them back there while you go have lunch to avoid paying for a stolen yeti. Plenty of places in town to rent dh rigs

mick06 wrote:
rockhopper70 wrote:

Arbutus routes has sb165’s and sb150’s for use in the bike park and sb140’s and sb130’s (i think) for the trail network. Nice being able to drop them back there while you go have lunch to avoid paying for a stolen yeti. Plenty of places in town to rent dh rigs

Buddy of mine rented yetis from Arbutus last summer. Proper bikes - well tuned, good advice from the shop.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005786
Mobile Version of Website