SRAM NX Crankset BB spacer(s)?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
SRAM NX Crankset BB spacer(s)?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 1:28 Quote
Hello

I have a question regarding spacers on BB when installing new 148 Boost NX cranks. BB type is SRAM PressFit BB92 DUB, my frame is 92mm wide.
In a 2020 manual from SRAM there were only MTB and SuperBoost+ option. That means one 2mm spacer on the right side. See here, page 6
https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/95-6118-021-100_rev_b_dub_mtb_and_road_cranksets_and_bottom_brackets_eeu.pdf

In a 2021 manual, there are three options: MTB, MTB Wide, SuperBoost+. See here, page 6
https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/user-manuals/sram-mtb/drivetrain/dub-mtb-and-road-cranksets-and-bottom-brackets-user-manual-eeu.pdf

Now I am not sure what should I use. Is MTB Wide like 148mm Boost? Or it is something different? Because either I should use one 2mm spacer on the right side or 3mm on the left side and 4mm on the right side - which is quite enough, but who knows.

Does anybody know?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 2:24 Quote
I have used a DUB bottom bracket on a trek fuel ex and commencal meta tr which are both boost 148 frames with 92mm shell widths. I just used the 2mm spacer on the right hand side for both and it worked perfectly.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 3:19 Quote
Ok, so it looks like MTB Wide would probably be something different, or with different chainline. I just have only one 2mm spacer so it is good I don't need to look for another spacers.

Thank you

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 16:20 Quote
I have a 73mm shell width, running 148mm (boost spacing) with a threaded BB and recently asked Sram what "Wide" is. Sram's response, "MTB Wide is a specific spindle that will be marked on the spindle itself."
Sram said 148mm spacing would be "MTB" per their charts.
Hope this helps.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 2:10 Quote
I see! Quite shame that SRAM does not presented this information anywhere. At least they could post it in this 2021 manual with * or something..

Nevermind. Thank you, it helped.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 0:58 Quote
Woko-O wrote:
I see! Quite shame that SRAM does not presented this information anywhere. At least they could post it in this 2021 manual with * or something..
^This!!! WTF is up w/ SRAM's manual labeling a "Superboost" option, but not indicating which of the other two options are actually for 148 Boost? They made an installation video that rather than explaining just said "look at the chart." There is even a 3rd party video on Youtube where a SRAM tech makes a guest appearance, says "look at the chart" and then *gets his spacer configuration WRONG* because even he can't read the damn chart!
SRAM, if you're going to bother with manuals, make them comprehensive, clear, and explicit. You are not Apple computer, and do not win style points for "minimalizing."

Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 3:43 Quote
Yeah, the super generic wording SRAM selected for their chart is embarrassingly dumb. Surprised they didn't just call the options:
a) bicycle
b) bicycle with a standard wheel
c) bicycle with a different standard wheel

i mean, do they think "MTB" is really self explanatory?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009503
Mobile Version of Website